Monday, May 14, 2007

Beckoning Betsey

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


(all from forever 21 except: leather jacket (ridewear.com), and steve madden leopard heels)

Today i'm highlighting clothing inspired by Betsey Johson's style. Right now she is my favorite designer, I love her feminine clothing with a punky rock and roll edge. She definitely inspires a lot of my outfits as I try to achieve the perfect balance as she does in her collections. I love going into her stores, the interior decor is amazing! Some common motifs found throughout her collections (mostly consisting of dresses) are: rosebuds, animal prints, gold, crystals, eyelet, hot pink, studs, and marilyn monroe. I got my prom dress from her this year and it was definitely different from everyone else & I'll wear it again. It's easy to incorporate a little bit of betsey into your wardrobe. She is great style inspiration with her designs that remind you not to take yourself too seriously!

Making clothes involves what I like…color, pattern, shape and movement…I like the everyday process…the people, the pressure, the surprise of seeing the work come alive walking and dancing around on strangers. Like red lipstick on the mouth, my products wake up and brighten and bring the wearer to life…drawing attention to her beauty and specialness…her moods and movements…her dreams and fantasies.” – Betsey Johnson

xoxo, lauren

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

7 comments:

dianabobar said...

I was in Betsey Johnson when I was visiting some friends in Boston, USA and two girls were there getting a $500 dress without trying it on, one of them saying she had the dress in another color too. I felt so poor in that moment..
Anyway, her designs and style rulez! Love it. Thanks for the nice comment:*
I'll link you, I like the energy of your blog and the fact that you like colors.
:*:* diana

dianabobar said...

So cool that you get to study fashion merchandising. Isn't that what Lauren Conrad form The Hills studies too? In Romania, we don't have that... to bad, right? I have to try and learn everything on my own...Anyway, good luck!

Biby Cletus said...

Cool blog, i just randomly surfed in, but it sure was worth my time, will be back

Deep Regards from the other side of the Moon

Biby Cletus

Mash said...

I love Betsey Johnson but we didnt have her shop in France , too sad :(
I think it's a little bit expensive but it's the price to pay for be beautiful and chic :)

lauren said...

true betsey johnson can be expensive but her accessories are affordable & her dresses are perfect for events where you're willing to spend a little bit more than you usually would to look great:)

Rafe Totengco said...

thanks for the comment. if you make it to Bologna, you must go to L'Indie Palais for coffee and shopping and have dinner at Drogheria della Rosa, amazing restaurant. what a cute blog you have.

Anonymous said...

do you have your clothing in a boutique? I own one I would love to see what you have