Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Shift Happens

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


A trend that's been seen all over runways the past few seasons is the revival of the shift dress. Shift dresses, made popular in the 1960s by designers like André Courreges and Mary Quant. The dress was easy to make and thus mass manufactured. Nowdays the look comes in a variety of colors and styles but still maintains the same basic shift dress shape. Too keep yourself from looking too retro avoid go go boots or white patent leather accessories. Try this look with: ballet flats or stacked heels, a long necklace, and carefree sixties spirit. The dress is flattering on all body types and fun, timeless piece to keep in your wardrobe.

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

2 comments :

dianabobar said...

I think everybody looks good in shift dresses. I love them for they hide my wide hips!
great trend!

Dilemma said...

Oh I love that Milly one! I have one just like it from H&M only it has cap sleeves.