Monday, July 16, 2007

Prep School

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Everyone better stock up on the three t's for this fall: tartan, tweeds, and totes! The prepster collegiate look is back and looking better than ever. Magazines report new spins on classic favorites, like pairing crested blazers with skinny jeans or an argyle sweater with a shrunken blazer. The trick to looking nerdy chic instead of like youre stuck in the fifties is by not overdoing the preppiness. I'm getting so excited for fall fashion and it's only july, this is truly quite depressing. This post was inspired by a similar looking pair of navy cordoroy pants i bought yesterday; the perfect start to my fall wardrobe.
xoxo, lauren
P.S. I think i might try to DIY that Luella Geek Bag, a tip from Modern Marie!
Pin It!

5 comments :

Ana said...

ah i quite adore collegiate chic and the word geek.

LML said...

i know! its soo weird and i hate admitting it - but i want fall to come - not for school, but to see my friends every day and the fashions. I am defintley getting one of those blazers - perhaps from a thrift store?!?!

and YAY! i hope you do that geek DIY - and post pictures on how it turns out:)

penelope said...

omg!!!! great post!!! is this even a trend? didnt know there were so many variants of prep.

gna link u. and pls take a look at my post on i <333 TAIPEI! u'd know why=p

thanks a million!!

alexgirl said...

I love the collegiate look! And I didn't know Nine West made those flats! I've been drooling over the Tory Birch flats, but these are way cheaper. Thanks for the tip.
Oh, and thanks for ordering a copy of Back Talk. Let me know what you think of it (unless you hate it, then I'll be too embarrassed!)

Kat said...

I really like the preppy/college look for autumn, it just fits into 'back to school' perfectly. I love the luella bag, but then again i'm a luella obsessive! Oh and plaid/tartan rocks!