Monday, July 9, 2007

She's Nasty!

Sophia, of Nasty Gal Vintage (www.stores.ebay.com/nastygalvintage) gave me a great interview about her store and views on fashion. check it out!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Q: How do you describe your personal style?
I would say that my personal style is a combination of 60s sex, 70s soul, and 80s street. Not too much, but just enough. Think of the word "mall" and then think of the opposite. That's me.
Q: What is your favorite fashion era?
I think my favorite era was the 70s, with all the high waists and disco/glam going on--especially the pants. Nearly all of my pants are from the 1970s and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the bronze cheeks and pale lips too--reminds me so much of my biggest style inspiration--my mother.

Q: Where do you search for your amazing vintage finds for Nasty Gal Vintage?
I search high and low! And it gets pretty low, really. I've bought vintage from everywhere you'd think I may have bought it, and probably then some. I don't think I have access to anything special in terms of thrift stores (aside from being in California) but I give credit to my keen eye and serious, serious patience when shopping.

Q: Aren't you tempted to just keep everything for yourself??
No! Actually I rarely wear dresses (again, back to the pants thing) so the best stuff usually winds up in the store. Hopefully the "best" stuff only keeps getting better, too!

Q:What is your favorite item of clothing for sale at Nasty Gal Vintage right now?
Right now? currently I have some amazing things but next week I'll have a really cool pink striped sundress and some amazing pants. And a mindblowing Victor Costa dress!

Q: What is one classic item of clothing every girl should have in their wardrobe?
Every girl looks good in something different, but I think some good platforms are a must for pretty much anyone.

Q: Do you have any advice for aspriring fashionista's wanting to open their own boutique?
My advice would be to cultivate patience. Running your own business takes a lot of time and even more hard work...and also don't get too carried away. What you like may not be what everyone else likes, so you really have to take into account what people are into...

Thank you so much for that Sophia, and everyone make sure to check out the awesome vintage in her ebay store; Nasty Gal Vintage!

xoxo, lauren
P.S. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tommorow so if there is a lack of posts that would be why! Wish me Luck!
Pin It!

9 comments:

The Stiletto Effect said...

hey, great post :) and i like her style :)
xoxo
su

LML said...

hmmm... i will def have to check her online store out - she sounds like she has some cool stuff!

Katie said...

Well true, I will defently keep my eye out for a faux leather jacket. Thanks. And I love the blog.

dianabobar said...

she s cute. love the second outfit a lot.

coco said...

i love that red dress it is so summery and cool
great blog

Anonymous said...

thanks again for the writeup!

xoxo

sophia
nasty gal vintage

Briana said...

Hey there.

Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for an award because I think your site rocks :)

Check it out at: http://www.collegefashion.net/websites/rockin-girl-blogger-award/.

<3 Briana
College Fashion .Net

Miss EsTher said...

Hey greta interview.. I love her style.. vintage chic boho!


it rocks!!

Mauck

Ther
http://desayunoconholly.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Stumbled upon this from your HBIC interview. I can't believe you interviewed her, so awesome!!