Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shwwwingg baby swing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I don't care what the naysayers say, I will never tire of the sixties socialite look. I think the look isn't dead yet, just evolving a bit. The black & white mod look that was so popular last season is being replaced by colorful swirly pucci-esque prints. I watched Factory Girl on the airplane home from London. Edie's fashion sense was all her own and she was pretty much the muse for an entire trend although her story is quite tragic. I'm all about the minidresses and cocktail rings for summer paired with some expertly (or not so expertly in my case..) lined eyes.

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

8 comments:

LML said...

i couldnt agree more - this era and the way those clothes make you feel are just too cute to consider a trend and abandon!

Bella said...

I love that period of fashion...so undeniably chic....and I really want to see Factory Girl...Seinna Miller=Edie Sedgwich Lookalike...

coco said...

i think as long as it suits you then keep working it
ive never been keen on it for myself but i think the 60s look looks fab on some people

Jennifer said...

I love the 60s and the 70s those were some of the best decades for fashion!

dianabobar said...

I love to wear a turban and oversize sunglasses with a bathing suit! Makes it more chic!

Kat said...

I LOVE edie!!! She was such a style icon although admittedly I'm not much of a fan of pucci prints. I love the mod look of the mid sixties rather then the hippy-chick style. I love 60's make up so, so much! Eyeliner all the way!!

penelope said...

florals? haha.
love d "canary" yellow ring!!

alexgirl said...

Agreed!!! I love that T-bags dress. I love that company in general.
That era has a lot to offer. Very chic.