Monday, August 13, 2007

Desperately Seeking Mary Janes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
One of my must-haves for fall are the lovely high heeled mary-janes. I love how adding a heel on them makes them go from demure to sassy! They're perfect for pairing with preppy collegiate clothing and sweet babydoll looks. I think Anna Sui did it perfectly in her F/W 2007 show by pairing tall knee socks with them. (Or go the Luichini route which have legwarmer type socks sewn into the shoes.. kinda cute and quirky). Go for a mary jane shoe in black patent leather for a classy look to pair with pencil skirts and skinny trousers. If you're feeling adventurous go for a colored shoe to add some spice to an outfit!
xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

9 comments :

penelope said...

i love love mary janes too!!!

Ana said...

i wore a pair all last year and everyone loved them. :-)

Kat said...

Mary Janes are so pretty and feminine, I love them. I really want a black patent pair.

dianabobar said...

cutest shoes ever~!

coco said...

i adore mary janes
sienna miller was wearing a lovely louboutain pair a few weeks agao id kill for

Briana said...

Ooh! I love those. Especially the Jessica Simpson ones - so adorable! Definitely gonna buy a pair for Fall.

Aisha said...

I read the post where you used the pictures of your friends, and ohmygod, you're such a great stylist =). Loved aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the outfits and my fave was the last one, the girl with a plaid jumper and tall knee socks. Beautiful.

On this post, Mary Janes are soo cute and 8as kat said) feminine (=. I don't wear heels that much but i think i'll start wearing more of it =)

x

LML said...

love them! i am envying those middle white ones right now...

punky said...

I need some of these too...i just have t straps.