Friday, August 10, 2007

Gemtastic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When i saw the bejeweled headbands and purses in Marc Jacobs' S/S 2007 show I fell in love. Ever since I was a little girl I had a penchant for all things jeweled and sparkly. Last night I was unpacking boxes and boxes of jewelry at the accessories counter of the retail store I work at and was pleased to pull out tons of necklaces with multicolored jewel pendants (definitely reminiscent of the Marc show!).

Yes, some may deem the look as tacky and eighties, but it can also look trendy and tasteful when worn right. Take a cue from Marc Jacobs and add some sparkle to your wardrobe!

xoxo, lauren

8 comments:

The Sewing Bunny said...

I absolutely adored all the sparkle that occured on that runway! I agree that it can definitely look tasteful when worn with the right outfit. :)

Amy said...

jewels everywhere! [:

LC said...

That Marc Jacobs headband is freaking adorable. And hey...it's only $68 bucks! Not bad Haha, who am I kidding.

LML said...

i was in love when i saw that collection too and have aquired some bejeweled things since - not tacky tho lol! i really like that Baghaus bag.

penelope said...

the headband is so cute!!!! and wht;s more?! it's easy to DIY!!! haha
and i managed to DIY a bejeweled bracelet too.. but the effect is not as nice though (d-oh) but i love it!!

Kat said...

Every girl loves her bling! I love those Marc Jacobs hairbands - sparkly heaven!

Diana Coronado said...

Ohh my Gozh!! they're soo lovely!!
Sparkle!!

Shewriteswithphotography said...

Love your new layout! Love the Marc Jacbos, its adorable!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin