Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm IN!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I applied to Teen Vogue Fashion U over the summer and I've been anxiously awaiting my acceptance/denial email! This Friday I saw the message i've been waiting for and I got in! So, i quicklyyyyy tried to pick out the classes I wanted. I decided to go more for designers than brand name seminars because I figured the opportunity to speak to designers or even just hear them talk about their experiences is once in a lifetime. I absolutely CAN NOT WAIT! I've already got my hotel & plane booked for October.

Here's a quick summary of each of the events:

Rebecca Taylor: Talking Fashion
Graduate design school one day, get your own line the next-well, nothing is that easy. Rebecca Taylor will tell you how she got her foot in the door of the fashion industry and navigated getting into the top specialty boutiques nationwide. Taylor will also reveal how she keeps her soft, feminine designs fresh and fashion-forward, and offer inspiration to anyone who has their own unique design sensibility.

Winning Style: Doo.Ri Talks Fashion
The 2006 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund winner knows what it takes to stand out and excel in fashion. Doo.Ri Chung started her business in the basement of her parents' dry-cleaning store, and now her sophisticated and sleek designs are known worldwide. Doo.Ri will tell you how she got started, what inspires her designs, and how you can turn your passion into a profession.

Dooney & Bourke: Exclusive TEEN VOGUE Edit Floor Tour
Wonder what's in the fashion closet? Or what our editors' offices are really like? Dooney & Bourke and TEEN VOGUE will take you on an editor-guided tour to see where it all happens. Experience the latest fashions, shoes, and accessories that TEEN VOGUE will feature in upcoming months, and you just might get a sneak peak at a future issue. Plus, you will be the first to see Dooney & Bourke's latest celebrity ad campaign, unveiling to the public this holiday season.

Cynthia Rowley: A Fun, Fashionable Life
If one word described designer Cynthia Rowley, it would be "multi-tasker." Inspired by everything from colorful candy to art to vintage finds, Cynthia Rowley's signature looks are flirty, yet sophisticated, and above all, fun. Cynthia will bring her charisma and energy to the classroom, giving you fabulous advice on how to live a fun, fashionable life. You'll learn how Cynthia Rowley expanded her popular fashion line to create books and products that help style-savvy women and men (and kids!) live the good life.


Fashioning Your Career with Tim Gunn
Join former Parson's fashion chairman, and Project Runway notable Tim Gunn for a lively discussion on fashion education, the latest trends in the fashion industry, and the many available career paths. Bring your questions: the seminar will also include a post-talk Q&A discussion.

Tiffany & Co.: A Night of Style
Tiffany & Co. and TEEN VOGUE invite you to an unforgettable evening of film and fashion in New York's famed Tribeca neighborhood. Join us at Tribeca Cinemas for a chic "mock"tail reception featuring Tiffany blue specialty drinks and a menu inspired by the parties held at Fashion Week. Stay for our exclusive screening of Seamless, a behind-the-scenes look at the intensely competitive world of the fashion industry. The film follows ten fashion-design hopefuls as they vie for the top prize created by VOGUE magazine and the Council of Fashion Designers of America, and features many of your favorite designers and VOGUE's Anna Wintour.

Yeah.. So I am definitely going to need to do some shopping!

xoxo, lauren

16 comments:

Fashionyou's Molly said...

OMG YOU ARE SO LUCKY!
i swear, i would fly out to America just to get into that thing!
AAAH! I hate you!

Not really :)

Briana said...

Ahhh congratulations! Sounds completely AMAZING and I'm so happy for you that you got in! I'm also extremely jealous, haha but thats beside the point. You better write all about it when you get done - inquiring minds need to know!

Have fun and congrats again!

Briana
collegefashion.net

penelope said...

OMG u're so so lucky!!!!! haha!!!
be sure to post abt all yr fab new buys and of course the once n a life time experience!!!
love!

LML said...

CONGRATS!!! im sooo jealous! what all did u have to do to apply? i saw ads about it but never really looked into it. Its sounds fabulous! the tiffany night sounds so glamorous!
im so happy for you and you HAVE post about it :)

Jessica McWilliams said...

That's really awesome, I'm so jealous of the Doo.Ri seminar, the S/S 08 collection, I loved it! Definitely one of my favorites.

Ana said...

OH MY GOD! YOU ARE SO LUCKY AND I AM SO JEALOUS!

you must fill us in and take tons of pics and notes. have fun!

Skyla said...

WOW i've never heard of this before, but it sounds like such a big thing! it sounds amazing =D Hope you have an 'awesome' :P time
Love skyla xxx

fashionista said...

Oh. My. God. YOU ARE SO LUUUUUCCKKKKYYYY! IM SO FREAKING JEALOUS.

The Sewing Bunny said...

you are so lucky! you have to tell us all EVERYTHING you learn/see there!!! have TONS of fun!

Kori said...

I'm going too! I can't wait!!!
Ha, I let out a huge shriek when I got my acceptance email and jumped around a bunch. It's so exciting!

Fabi said...

wooooohoowww!!
Goodness the whole thing sounds amazing! you're lucky, have a great time lauren!!!! =)

G.G. said...

OMG!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! *air kisses* you'll have a blast I'm sure! So happy for you!

Kat said...

Oh wow, congrats! Best of luck but god i'm jealous!!:-D You must tell us all about it! x x x

Holly ♥ said...

I'm so jealous, Tim Gunn is my one true love!
I wish I could go, but alas, I live halfway across the world and it's just not exactly convinient!
Have fun!

x x x

dianabobar said...

very lucky indeed! hopefully you'll write all about it when you come back, and share the whole experience! i'm sure it will be amazing! have fun!
xoxo

Katie said...

Ah! How amazing! I'm so happy for you. I wanted to go but you have to be 16 or older so I'm going to have to wait a little over a year to get in. But when you get back post about every detail, and I hope you brought your camera with you.
C: Katie

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin