Sunday, November 18, 2007

Say No to Uggs: a PSA

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's been cold here for about a week and I can NOT tell you how many girls I've seen walking around in mini-skirts and ugg boots. Don't be a fashion clone! I know they're comfy/warm/cute(?), but there are so many other boots that are just as functional and have some individual flair! I dont have a problem with people wearing them as long as its not one of the horrid sweatpants/uggs or miniskirt/uggs combinations. haha I LOVE urban dictionary's definition of the infamous boots:

Uggs: Ugly preppy boots that people wear with mini skirts. NO They are not meant for snow, uggs are not waterproof. they started in australia, how often does it snow there? no they are meant to be worn after surfing, cuz they keep your feet dry and warm.

If you're looking for a winter boot go for something in trendy and warm shearling, or with a nordic print/ embroidery if you're looking for something really unique. If you'll be wearing the boots in the snow look for something with a slick waterproof exterior like the Aquatalia boots above.

xoxo, lauren

9 comments:

Ana said...

i must admit-i wear uggs. but NEVER with miniskirts and only walking down to the bakers or lounging at a friends house

Jessica McWilliams said...

fight the power!

WendyB said...

I like your choices except for those Urban Outfitter boots. They look like they're made of lint! ;-)

Holly ♥ said...

I'm afraid that nothing could make me give up my UGGs! They're just so perfect for lazy days. But I like your suggestions.
xoxox

LML said...

ive actually never owned UGGs - iDk why.. i just never really got into them... and almost every guy i have talked to about them say that they're hideous (not that i dress to please guys, but it was interesting to hear that comment) i LOVE your alternative choices tho!

HAppy Thanksgiving :)

Julia said...

thank you thank you thank you for realizing the horrible-ness that is the uggs/sweatpants combo. No one else seems to get it.

Anonymous said...

So what do you think of these uggs?

appleling said...

I really like your site, I have learnt a lot of knowledge, your site is great, I hope you can visit my sequin uggs , I am very happy to learn a lot of knowledge from your site

appleling said...

I very like your article, It very interesting, you can welcome to visit my shop,Mysequin uggs,sequined uggs,uggs sparkle there are many cheap discount, I hope you will be interested in, thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin