Sunday, December 30, 2007

My New Years Fashion Resolutions

Photobucket

I can't believe a new year is ahead of us already! It seems like were were just ringing in 2007. I'm so excited to see what 08' has to hold! I always make a New Year's resolution and I'm pretty good at sticking to them. This year I've made up a list of my 2008 New Year's Fashion Resolutions:

1. Learn to Sew: A sewing machine was at the top of my Christmas list this year. Now that I have one I can't wait to begin learning the basics of sewing and start some cute projects! I decided if I want to be in the fashion industry knowing about the construction of clothing is vital.

2. Score a Sweet Internship: This summer I'd like to find a local boutique or magazine with a fashion department. I'd like to learn as much as I can about the industry and take advantage of all the opportunities that come my way.

3. Open up a Vintage Shop on Etsy: I've been scouring local thrift shops and consignment stores for unique, trendy vintage finds. Coming in January will be a La Petite Fashionista vintage boutique on etsy! I can't wait to share my love for vintage shopping with the world.

4. Invest in Classic Wardrobe Staples: I'd like to find some classic pieces that my wardrobe is missing. I'd even splurge on some if I knew they would never go out of style. Particularly a cashmere sweater, trench, and pair of jeans tailored to fit me perfectly.

5. Update my Blog more: Since I've been in college I've definitely not been fulfilling my blogging duties! So I'm going to make more time to make sure I'm making my blog the best it can be.

xoxo, Lauren

15 comments:

ashley said...

those are great resolutions! i also hope to learn how to sew!!

penelope said...

haha wow!! i cant for whn u start to do lil projects on your sewing machine!! be sure to post them up!! def gna be fabb!!

happy new year!

LML said...

im sure u be a wonderful seamstress!!! i took lessons two summers ago... i call myself a "creative" sewer lol (meaning i can barely sew a straight line and cant cut patterns to save my life)... and oh my gosh, i cannot wait for the la petite fashionista boutique on etsy - you must keep us all updated on your sewing projects, the store, and internship!
have a GREAT new year:D

Libertygirl said...

Take it from a real life fashion editor, I wish more aspring fashionistas were like you. It;s vital to know how clothes are constructed and the terminology for the subject. I am SO fed up with girls who don't go the extra mile. It's a competitive industry and you need to want to learn! Good for you!! LLG xx

Allure said...

A vintage shop on etsy, how good that would be? Go for it, and tell me when it's open ;)

Tinsley said...

Those are really great resolutions. I should put my moms sewing machine to use too!
And then I would open a shop on etsy :)

Great blog :) I love your posts

By the way, I was wondering if you would like to join this forum that a bunch of us bloggers are in?
bloggerettes.proboards91.com

hannah said...

marvelous resolutions, i think i will join you in the invest in classic pieces one. but learning to sew is a lost cause for me.

i wish you well. <3

coco said...

Some great resolutions, and the vintage shop sounds so cool
Knowing about the process of making clothes really does help with writing about fashion, and it makes you respect designers a whole lot more!
Happy 2008!

Ana said...

good resoloutions. I need to work on 5! and 4 is good. I recently realized my sad lack of basics and went on a basic spree at Gap. lol.
be sure to let us know if you score an internship or open an Etsy shop.

Aisha said...

I didn't write down many (ehem ehem, ANY)resolutions, but yours are amazing.

I'd love to learn to sew (:

Happy 2008!

Cris Lazoru said...

Great resolutions!

C.

labelllefille said...

Hey! I came across your blog and have been reading through it, I love it! Wanna trade links?

Dilemma said...

I love all your resolutions. I have a sewing machine from a few birthdays ago, so I made the resolution to try and start sewing too!

Ceci n'est pas une blogger. said...

Wonderful resolutions! And be sure to post pictures of your sewing projects once you start working on that resolution :)

susie_bubble said...

I hope you achieve them! Sewing more is one of mine too...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin