Monday, January 7, 2008

Channel your Inner Blair Waldorf

Photobucket


I was so upset when they took the O.C. off the air. I never thought they'd be able to match Summer and Marissa's fantastic wardrobe and unique styling. That is until Gossip Girl started. I had read all the books before the t.v. show so I had a vision of what I expected Blair to look like in my imagination.

I think the stylists have done a perfect job making Blair a trendy prepster. She rocks the classic button down shirt with a tailored blazer but always has some sort of unexpected edge to her outfit. In almost every outfit she has on a pair of tights ranging from opaque black to lacy to fire engine red.

Blair's personal style has seeped into my own. I've noticed an abundance of plaid, oxford shirts, and patent mary-janes in my wardrobe since the show's start. I've also been trying to wear her signature red lipstick to spice up a ho-hum outfit.

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

9 comments:

Tinsley said...

Personally I dont' think they made the Blair in the show anything like the Blair in the books

But I do love those Dolce Vita pumps :)

The Sewing Bunny said...

i love blair's style on gossip girl.
i can't imagine going a few days without wearing a headband now.

i heard that this episode on wednesday is the last of the season (?!).. do you know if this is true?

labelllefille said...

The Blair I initially imagined when reading a couple of the GG books is more or less similar to the Blair in the show, which I loved. And I ADORE the Dolce Vita shoes and the fabulous tights!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Oh how I love that plaid dress!

Mash said...

I m in love with the Dolce Vita shoes &hearts sadly we don't have gossip in France :'(

susie_bubble said...

I love the styling...but the show is pure pants... really really cheesy....

LML said...

i think the clothes and styling is what i look forward to the most each week (a scandalous plot line and nice looking boys dont hurt either!)
they need to make a look book for that show! i love it :)

discothequechic said...

It's amazing how much of a stir GG has caused!

Although they haven't started airing it here in the UK yet, I'm looking forward to something to fill the void that the OC left..

Ceci n'est pas une blogger. said...

I know exactly what you mean...I have found myself buying headbands and button down cardigans like crazy since Gossip Girl started!