Monday, February 4, 2008

20,000 Managers for One Clothing Brand? hmm..

I saw an ad for this company on a facebook sidebar & I thought it looked interesting so I gave it a look.. The concept is really innovative and covers two areas of business that I'm interested in; eco-friendly clothing and surf brands. The business is definitely more retail-friendly than high fashion but, for anyone interested in merchandising it's pretty fascinating.

project nvohk badge - 470 x 112

From a press release by nvohk:

Nvohk is recruiting 20,000 - 40,000 members to contribute $50 a year to develop and shape the nvohk brand. Members will make major business decisions including logo design, web design, product design, advertising, etc. Members will also receive a free member t-shirt, 35% of nvohk's net profits in the form of reward points that can be redeemed to purchase products, and 25% off all nvohk products. nvohk will donate 10% of net profits to environmental organizations selected by its members.

How cool would it be to actually play a part in the building of a brand and participate in some of the decision making that goes into a clothing label? I really like that they will be using eco-friendly materials and donating a portion of profits. The members will also recieve a cut of the net profits in the form of "points". Although I'm sure you wouldn't be involved in making any huge business decisions it seems like an interesting project to be a part of. I'm considering it..

xoxo, lauren

P.S. Some fashion week reviews soon.. I have a lot of shows to look through!:)

1 comment:

Secretista said...

I like to be eco-friendly, for Earth is where we all live, but after seeing some picture of a designer using all human hair for an outfit, I was disgusted. Even though most eco-friendly materials won't use hair, it's got the wheels in my brain turning to not be so pro or only eco-friendly clothing. But, that's just my opinion. Nvohk sounds like a cool opportunity for business majors and what not.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin