Poor Whitney, She will forever be known as "the fashionista who couldn't pronounce Givenchy," I'm afraid she might never live this down. Let's be honest, designer names can be really difficult to pronounce, and some we rarely hear verbalized. Save yourself some embarassment and in the case that you score yourself a national television show, you can make sure you make us fashionistas proud with your a-mazingg pronunciation skills.
So in light of her situation, i bring you..
Difficult Pronunciations of Designers:
- Givenchy: (Jhee-Von-Shee)
- Jean Paul Gaultier: (zhan paul GO-tee-AY)
- Alber Elbaz for Lanvin: (al-BEAR el-BAHZ for lon-VAN)
- Nicolas Ghesquiere: (NEE-ko-la guess-KYAIR)
- Bulgari: (BOOL-ga-ree)
- Lacriox: (la -cwa)
- Proenza Schouler: (Pro-en-za skool-er)
- Hermes: (Er-mez )
- Balenciaga: (Bah-len-si-ah-ga)
Also, you can hear an audio pronunciation here