I've always had issues trying to find sunglasses that look right on me. It took me years to find the right size and shape of frames, and now that i've found "the ones" (courtesy of a very thoughtful ex-boyfriend), i'm never without them!
These are the secrets to finding glasses that fit and flatter your face:
- Oval Face: long, and wide. pretty much any pair of sunglasses will flatter this face type as long as proportionate to the size of the face (lucky!)
- Round Face: circular, wide face. To play down the roundness select a pair of glasses with sharp angles and lines.
- Square Face: face as wide as it is long. Choose sunglasses with round curves to soften the a harsh jawline.
- Triangular Face: broad forehead with narrow mouth/chin. Pick frames with thin rims and vertical lines, glasses should not sit too high on face.
- Oblong Face: long, narrow face. Frames should cover the center of the face to minimize length.
Happy sunglasses shopping!