Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Wear my Sunglasses at Night

Photobucket

I've always had issues trying to find sunglasses that look right on me. It took me years to find the right size and shape of frames, and now that i've found "the ones" (courtesy of a very thoughtful ex-boyfriend), i'm never without them!

These are the secrets to finding glasses that fit and flatter your face:

  • Oval Face: long, and wide. pretty much any pair of sunglasses will flatter this face type as long as proportionate to the size of the face (lucky!)
  • Round Face: circular, wide face. To play down the roundness select a pair of glasses with sharp angles and lines.
  • Square Face: face as wide as it is long. Choose sunglasses with round curves to soften the a harsh jawline.
  • Triangular Face: broad forehead with narrow mouth/chin. Pick frames with thin rims and vertical lines, glasses should not sit too high on face.
  • Oblong Face: long, narrow face. Frames should cover the center of the face to minimize length.

Happy sunglasses shopping!

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

8 comments:

susie_bubble said...

Love the Ed Hardy ones!

Elle said...

i love them all except for the forever 21 ones. and i wouldnt wear the edhardy ones.

LML said...

:D im a sunglass whore! i buy too many of them - but dont spand over 20 dollars on any of them lol
but i do want to buy the real legit expenxive ray bans for summer - they're classic and well worth the money i think :)

Secretista said...

Yayyy! Yea, I used to have the problem of finding the right shades. But when you do, it's heaven.

Modelizer said...

I can't believe Ed Hardy makes sunglasses. GAG. When will this horrible trend end?!

labelllefille said...

Thank you for this! I've been searching for the perfect pair of sunglasses for forever now, but then again I'm just picky. Yay for warmer weather!

Aisha said...

I don't know what kind of face i've got, I believe it's round but i have no idea :), help me?

PS. I've tagged you (just in case you have some spare time to do it ;))

Wendy said...

I think I have an oval face.