Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Carpe Diem!

Photobucket

Carpe Diem for those who don't know means "Seize the Day" in Latin, and that is exactly what I did today. I started up a conversation with a fellow coffee-drinker looking at clothes on his laptop and discovered he is a young entrepneur, designer, and graduate of my college. He was representing his brand wearing all of their clothes, which remind me a lot of something Nate Archibald would be sporting on Gossip Girls. The line started out as a premium denim line but has now expanded to clothing & i'm excited to watch them continue to grow! So basically, what i'm trying to say is take advantage of every opportunity life brings you, you never know what it could amount to!

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

13 comments:

ღ mey ♥¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨♥ღ said...

uau
lovely blog
kisses
have a good night :)

vera i have your wang said...

Vintage > recreated vintage in terms of cost and authenticity. I've never stirred up the courage to randomly approach someone for a talk but you scored a great conversation!

simply.steph said...

wow that is so cool, along with vera i have your wang, I too cannot can barely work up random conversations. It only works out when i'm in a crazy happy/carefree mood I can do that. I guess I'm a bit too self conscious that way...

Chelsea Rae said...

That's so funny the person you just happen to spark up a conversation with is a designer. I wish that happened more often, because designer acquaintances/friends are awesome!

LML said...

thats very cool! u were networking and u didnt even kno it lol!

Kira Fashion said...

hello!!!

starbucks is really the best!!!

love it!!

a kiss and a hug,

Kira

Molly :] said...

Wow- how strange you were sitting next to him!
Lucky you.
:) xx

La Petite Californienne said...

haha sometimes at work (ahem) I wonder about the lives of people who order. I wish he would of come into my store :(. Lucky girl and good for you! Networking is (apparently) important in the fashion industry.

The Clothes Horse said...

How exciting! I've been at college for three years now, so I'm not sure what you mean by daytrips since I went to college...but I am enjoying the nice weather and getting out more.

The Stylish Wanderer said...

inspiring!

Cris Lazoru said...

Are those the clothes? I Love!

C.

On Track said...

I often think that 'designer' or creative types of people attract each other, like there is some secret force in the world trying to get them together to create beautiful things :)

hannah said...

that is really cool. i wish i could start good conversations with fellow starbuckies.