Sunday, April 27, 2008

Closet Detox: Phase 1

Photobucket

I have two confessions to make:

1. I am a huge shopaholic
2. I am a packrat (I still have clothes from middle school!)
This results in an abrnormally large & unneeded wardrobe.

When I left for college I literally left half of my wardrobe at home because there simply was not enough room in my dorm room to fit all of it!

Surviving an entire school year without a lot of my clothes made me realize how little I actually wear them. fact I barely recognized what was missing. So, now that I'm home from the summer I am doing I never once wished I had a certain shirt or dress. In what I like to call.. A Closet Detox.

Phase 1 is simpling going through all my clothes and dividing them up into different groups: Keep (essentials), Sell (to Plato's Closet), Garage Sale (which will be held next month), and Give Away (to a local thrift store). It's an overwhelming process & i'll keep you updated on the progress! I'd love any helpful advice for anyone who's done the same!

xoxo, Lauren
Pin It!

10 comments :

The Clothes Horse said...

My closet is STUFFED with things I don't need, I'm putting together a donate bag this week. Spring cleaning is clearly in the air!

aficionada said...

You sound like me, I seriously need to do the same thing. Good luck! :)

alexgirl said...

Oh god. Closet detox is so hard! I wish you luck, Petite Fashionista.

coco said...

It sounds so fun! I bet you will find so much amazing stuff you forgot you even had!!!

K. said...

oh my gosh, i miss plato's closet! there was one in texas when i lived there and i used to love it.

good luck with your closet detox, and let us all know how it goes! i should probably do one of those this summer.

The Stylish Wanderer said...

MY closet is full with things that I want ot keep because I feel bad that I havent worn them, or because I it is sentimental.

Secretista said...

Haha. I used to be exactly the same, but upon coming to College I had a Fashion Identity crisis and realized I didn't like most of my clothing and chucked darn near 80% of it and bought an entire new wardrobe. I wear everything I own now, or I try to make the effort to. Good luck with this detoxing. Take pictures!!

Juaи + said...

The first two facts about you, are equal on me!


hahahah

emsie said...

I really need to do something like this. I always keep putting it off!

x

SKYLA said...

why not sell some stuff on ebay? would love to see what you've got!