Friday, May 30, 2008

Carrie Bradshaw's Guide to Fashion

I am SUCH a nerd. I definitely went to go see the Sex and the City movie at midnight with my girlfriends. It's crazy how much each of the four characters fits my best friends and me.. I'm the Carrie! Critics will say what you want about the movie (although I thought it did not disappoint). No one can deny that the all the amazing clothes (& manolos!) were an absolute feast for the eyes.

Sarah Jessica Parker had a reported 81 costume changes in the movie, and I about fell in love with every single one. I don't think it would hurt anyone to take a lesson from Carrie Bradshaw & kick their style up a notch and take some fashion risks.

These are some fashion tips inspired by her:

1. Forget everything you've ever been told about not mixing prints

Photobucket


2. A great pair of shoes can "make" an outfit

Photobucket


3. Don't be a label snob, sometimes the most eye-catching pieces are vintage
Photobucket

4. Belts are not just for pants
Photobucket

5. Don't be afraid to break out an old favorite from the closet

Photobucket


Now everyone go see it!

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

18 comments :

atelier said...

I am dying to see it! and here in Spain we have to wait until 20th of June! It's so unfair!!

saray said...

I adore that movie!!
I had so much fun watching it!!!
and i couldn't stop staring at SJP shoes!!

hannah said...

wonderful!

YVONNE. said...

i can't wait to see it and see all the clothes and shoessss!

Bostonista said...

I LOVED IT! I LAUGHED, I CRIED IT WAS PERFECT.
But it made me really, really want them to bring the show back.

Times of Glory said...

It is such a great post and it certaintly shows the charm of Carrie's fashion! I really love vintage mixing modern! Lots of character! Now, I cannot wait to watch the movie!

SKYLA said...

great post, i LOVED that wardrobe toss/take scene, i really want the white tutu dress!
I was literally staring at her feet for half the film, the shoes are too amazing for words. great post on ali michael too btw.

coco said...

I wish she had worn the last look to the NYC premiere! It would have been good!

terren said...

so sad i haven't seen it yet!

MizzJ said...

Oh man, I just watched it on Friday and it was amazing!! A whole audience of us girls all dressed to the nines, with smuggled bottles of wine watching SATC on the big screen - oh heaven! Thanks for the link! I put you on mine too ;)

aschlee said...

OOh I L.O.V.E.D the movie (obviously). One of my fav parts though was when Carrie busted out some of her 80's outfits. Especially the one you have pictured. *Sigh* loved the movie ...now all we have to do is survive until the DVD comes out.

Fashion Is Poison said...

best movie ever!

Knight Cat said...

the last dress is amazing
xxx

sara said...

OH I heard that movie was so good, I can't wait to see it myself!

x sara o

Secretista said...

My love<33

Diabolina said...

cute blog ;)

Anonymous said...

I just love this movie!! It is perfect! I have seen it three times and each time I see something new =) I love the 80´s ballerin dress (L)

ed said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品
情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣
視訊聊天室

情色,AV女優,UT聊天室,聊天室,A片,視訊聊天室


UT聊天室,視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊辣妹,情色視訊,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊交友90739,美女視訊,視訊美女,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,視訊交友,情人視訊網,成人視訊,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,
聊天室,聊天,色情聊天室,色情,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,柔情聊天網,小高聊天室,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,中部人聊天室,成人聊天室,成人