I used to dread going swimsuit shopping every year; it seemed like everything I tried on was unflattering. Swimsuit season does not have to be so painful. You just have to know which style bathing suit flatters your body type best. So here is a handy guide to help you along the way:
- Hourglass: (wider on bottom & top and tiny waist) A two piece with a triangle or halter top & bikini bottoms will emphasize a slender middle.
- Pear: (wider on bottom & narrow on top) Select bottoms in a boyshort or mini-skirt style to conceal a bigger bottom and wear a bright print to draw attention to the top.
- Straight ( narrow on top and bottom; no curves) A cut-out monokini one piece will create the illusion of curves and be super-flattering
- Apple (heavy top, middle, bottom) One piece and Tankinis come in all kinds of stylish cuts & prints. This ruched suit has a slimming effect.
As for the actual trying on process:
- I recommend using a self-tanner or laying outside to get some color, something about a nice glow seems to make every bathing suit look better on.
- Also a cost-effective option is to choose a reversible bathing suit and mix and match tops and bottoms to get more bathing suit for your buck!