Sunday, July 13, 2008

How to Achieve the Perfect Beachy Waves

Photobucket

During the summer I like my hair to be as low maintenance as possible. I usually let my hair dry into somewhat messy, beachy waves. This homemade recipe works, but fekkai & bumble and bumble have their own bottled surf sprays as well. During the summer it's easy to just go with the flow than to fight the humidity. The less product and styling, the better your hair will hold up in the summer heat.

Check out this kitschy "vintage" ELLE 2004 Doutzen Kroes editorial for more surfer girl inspiration. The day-glo colored surfwear is pretty kooky.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

7 comments:

lisa said...

I permed my straight Asian hair, so this summer is the first time I've been able to take advantage of the low-maintenance beachy waves look, and I love it! I tend to just use loads of leave-in conditioner and let my hair air-dry.

J e s s i c a said...

Nice ! Thanks for sharing, i've tried tons of products to achieve this effect, but none of them really worked. The closest i got was with KMS California hair paste.
I can't wait to try yours.
BTW i love the editorial you posted !
Lets trade links ?!

said...

Thanks for your comment, I love this editorial. I'm such a surf/beach chick! ;)

LML said...

OH MY GOSH!!! thank you thank you thank you! i have been looking for a sea salt spray all summer. i love what the sea does to my hair and wnt it to look like that even when i am not at the beach! YES! i will try this ASAP! thanks :D

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i'm totally going to try these recipes! but i find they're even better than the real thing (that ends up making my hair so sticky that it's almost crunchy).

Jules said...

There are like nice pictures. :) very nice shots! :)Just visiting. :)

jules
www.soloden.blogspot.com
www.healthlines.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

omg this is gunna look soooo hot on my thnx! xoxo