Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm Leavin on a Jet Plane

Photobucket

Tommorow I leave for a good old family vacation.. i'm so anxious to do some boating on the lake, roast some s'mores, and watch the annual hometown fourth of july parade. After a hefty amount of summer vacations over the years i've realized that it is in fact possible to travel fashionably. You just have to balance comfort & style to become one of the jetset.

I reccommend avoiding the juicy sweats & instead picking a sundress that won't wrinkle too easily paired with a lightweight cardigan in case its chilly on the plane. Although i'm always tempted to rock my heels wherever I go, realistically flats are a much smarter choice.

Also, I seem to get an extremely short attention span in airports so I usually stock up on some fashion magazines or bring along some summer reading. My only problem is overpacking & those awful fines for excessively heavy suitcases! Now I just need to work on the whole not packing half my wardrobe thing..

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

7 comments:

thetinylittlegirl said...

have a great vacation! i've never even eaten a s'more.

FabFashionista said...

Your post is so helpful and so true. I usually go the route your suggesting a dress with simple flats, tons of magazines+books, and stand out luggage.

Enjoy your trip!! Happy 4th of July too!!

Live.Love.Laugh.

LML said...

very important tips for traveling!
have a fabulous time on your trip :)

and thanks for all the advice about college - it really helped! and im sure i'll have more questions lol

lisa said...

Great tips! The flats are especially important because it always feels like you have to trek miles before you reach the departure gate. As for the standout luggage, if you have a plain black suitcase, one way to make it really stand out from the other plain black suitcases is investing in a bright fun luggage tag.

K.B. said...

i hope your vacation goes great! enjoy yourself :)

MizzJ said...

Omg tiny, you've never eaten smores?!? Get thee to a grocery store stat!

kitty kate said...

always remember gossip magazine!