Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kate is Great

Photobucket

Kate Lanphear, the resident Fashion Director at ELLE Magazine has such a distinct personal style. She is always rocking baggy white tees, slightly baggy and worn blue jeans, and a snug fititng black leather jacket or vest. It seems like Alexander Wang has even applied a bit of her basics mixed with high end fashion sense to his latest collections which have a very similar feel.

Photobucket

Her Le Cheap, C'est Chic editorial for ELLE seems to be styled exactly like her day to day wardrobe, which I love. It seems that she must have a closet full of her staples that she just mixes and matches from day to day. It's a look she pulls off wonderfully and has inspired many fashion lovers whether they realize it is her work or not!

xoxo, lauren

11 comments:

Taryn "Skinny Genes" B. said...

yeah, thats a pretty damn cool style. Similar to my taste but I don't have a distinct style. I pick and choose from many things and just make it my own.

Like the blog btw ^_^

the.luxe.interim said...

Awesome style- definitely bold. Love it! Great blog.

rohit said...

On today's post you are looking gorgeous fantasist .

susie_bubble said...

US Elle is a worthy buy because of Kate...

michelle said...

I love this! (:

Chelsea Rae said...

I wish I dressed that cool every day!

Mimi said...

I was always wondering who is this woman when I saw the pic of her for the first time.
She has a cool style.Good post and nice blog.

LML said...

she seems sooo cool!

teresawu said...

So glad you wandered over! Loving your blog. Are you currently interning anywhere?

I'm 19 as well. ;)

Honeymoon said...

Luv it !

Taylor said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, I will def. check out the Teen Vogue Fashion U. I have of course seen the ads about it in the magazine, and actually my neighbor across the street (were not great friends) did it last year and we covered it in my school paper. I just dont know if I could leave school/pay to get to NY. But it's worth a shot! thanks again!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin