Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Missing Mischa (& Marissa Cooper for that matter)

Photobucket

When I got my new issue of Nylon in the mail i had an instant flashback.. summer 2006, the height of my O.C. obsession. It was so nice to see Mischa Barton and read about what she's been up to. Fast forward to this summer.. i've been watching re-runs of the O.C. on Soap Net and yet again lusting over Marissa Cooper's relaxed beachy style.

Even though her style is now a couple years old, her character on the show still offers some great fashion inspiration..

Remember the colorful short sleeved jackets and baleros she paired with jeans?

The way she braided her hair into a headband that we all attempted to recreate but never quite succeded?

The way she pretty much introduced bohemian to viewers with her long prairie skirts & floaty tops?

We've missed you Marissa Cooper.

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

11 comments:

greenteafrapp said...

OMG i totally get wt u mean... i love marissa cooper/mischa barton and the OC!
a while ago her outfits are so terrible that i cant bear to look... but her nylon spread is quite amazing so maybe she'll get better, wardrobe-wise?

hannah said...

i miss the old mischa as well. and her old haircut.

K.B. said...

oh! how i miss the o.c....and her and rachel's fashion sense. now i want to go home and watch season 1 all over again!

lisa said...

Aww great post! I miss the days when Mischa Barton was synonymous with style. Remember how she rocked those floaty colourful Matthew Williamson dresses on the red carpet?

justbrad said...

we all miss mischa.. i tried watchin the 4th season without her and it was terrible

MizzJ said...

So true. I was never a huge fan of OC when it was on the air, but you gotta admit that show had style. MB in real life these days is not always looking so stylish though, more punk rock wannabe than style star.

coco said...

I never liked her character much but I loved what she wore. She had a great look.

Ana said...

Thanks for the gloves comment. I miss Mischa..and the OC. God that was an amazing show.

LML said...

oh thanks for reminding me! i need to buy that issue -my subscription expired :(

Chelsea Rae said...

I think I only watcged one episode of The O.C. when it was on air, but I've been watching it on SOAPnet too. I wonder if I can miss her style after the fact?

The Redheaded Bandit said...

mischa used to be so cute and fabulous!