Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Love the Olympics!

Photobucket

This editorial in Harper's Bazaar was one of the most creative I'd seen in a while. I certainly wouldn't mind a neckful of jewels in lieu of a gold medal. I've been watching the Olympics religiously with my roommates. I've never been quite as into it as I am this year. It just gives you such a sense of pride for your country and admiration for its athletes. My personal favorite events to watch are gymnastics and swimming.

Photobucket

I have to admit the amazing swimmer Michael Phelps is one of the motivations to tune in every night. With his breaking records left and right, unbelievable skill, anddd uncanny resemblance to my ex-boyfriend.. I think I've developed a teeny Olympian crush?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

4 comments :

lisa said...

I saw that editorial posted on Fashion Ivy, but the sense of fun and the concept and the execution never cease to amuse me when I see it. And holy crap, Phelps is hot!

emsie said...

This shoot is brilliant - I just love the olympics!

Secretista said...

OMG. I want to rip those speedos off of him. I don't even think he's that hott, but that photo. Yeah, he really is an inspiration! I love how every race his mom and sister get soo emotional if he wins. It's a great sense of humility and that although we all know Phelps is freakin' awesome, their not cocky and expecting him to win all the time (hehe, but he did!).

Secretista said...

OMG. I want to rip those speedos off of him. I don't even think he's that hott, but that photo. Yeah, he really is an inspiration! I love how every race his mom and sister get soo emotional if he wins. It's a great sense of humility and that although we all know Phelps is freakin' awesome, their not cocky and expecting him to win all the time (hehe, but he did!).