Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fur Sure

Photobucket

I have a confession to make.. I'm a tiny bit obsessed with the Rachel Zoe project. She used to annoy me, but her craziness has grown on me, and the show makes her seem a bit more human than the tabloids portray her. Also, I could live in her closet-- the vintage pieces she owns are amazing!

One of her many fashion quirks (gold bangles, maxi dresses, and oversized "sunnies") is her staple fur jacket. She wears them cropped, in a coat, and even during the summer. I'm not really "pro" fur persay, nor can I afford it. But, i do like the look of a faux fur coat for winter.

A fur coat, whether it be in black, white, or gray evokes a sense of old hollywood glamour. You could be wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans underneath, and you slip it on and suddenly turn fabulous. Check out vintage shops for an affordable coat.

They were ALL OVER the runways for F/W 08, and I have a feeling they'll be a big trend when the temperature starts to dip.

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

11 comments :

VanessaFromMilan said...

o looooove rachel zoe...!!

kokostiletto said...

i wish i could watch this show i don't get the channel! i love every fashion show out there!

budget chic said...

For some reason, I don't like the way she wears her furs or the type of furs she picks out. I much prefer the way Sarah Jessica Parker is styled when she rocks a fur jacket or coat......everything about SJP swagger is just on point!!

LML said...

i am addicted to her show!

Milly said...

I love her show too

La Condesa said...

I'm dying for one of them, but it's quite difficult to find a decent one

The Stiletto Effect said...

I'm completely AGAINST REAL FUR!!! But I love fake fur coats! I already bought one leopard print coat and a black fur vest to wear during the winter.
Love
Su

Andy said...

i love fur jackets!
New on my blog, check it out.
xxx

Couture Carrie said...

Hey Lauren! Love your collage :)
I am not a big fan of RZ, but I do love a fur shrug, faux or not - some excellent pieces here!

xoxox,
CC

WendyB said...

I haven't watched the show but I do think Rachel has great style.

Shop Therapy said...

So sad the season is over :(

I've seen the trickle down to F21 and H&M, so faux-fur is definitely on-trend this season!

we love your blog! link exchange?