Thursday, October 9, 2008

When Art Imitates Life

Photobucket

Regardless of your political affiliation, we are going to be voting for a new president of the U.S. on November 4th. I hope by now you've registered to vote and now its time to educate yourself about the candidates & watch the debates to make sure you're making an educated decision!

Fashion designers have all rallied behind Obama, creating shirts in his name or even with his picture on them. This pop art creation made a walk down Jean Charles de Castelbajac's runway in his SS09 collection. It's just amazing to me how the impact of the presidential candidates is as far reaching as the fashion world. Is it taking things too far when you're political views are made evident through your designs?

I'm very interested to see the turnout of the election & whoever wins, I wish them the best!

xoxo, lauren

11 comments:

Cris Lazoru said...

I think it was a little shameless but I won't judge.

C.

copperoranges said...

i am so ready for this election to be over! i just received my absentee ballot in the mail a couple of days ago! :)

also -- holla to being short! i'm 5'2'' and only get crap about it from people who dont know me, haha. apparently i dont "act short"?

La PETITE Blogger :) said...

Hi La Petite Fashionista!

Your blog is supercute..
kiss kiss
La Petite Blog

THE HOUSE OF STYLE said...

Theres talk of this election everywhere so i cant wait for the election to be done.I do like that dress with Obama though.
x
Marian

Stompface said...

Cute blog!

Thanks for the lovely comment too!

kokostiletto said...

haha oh wow that's hilarious. i really want to get an obama shirt even though i'm canadian

Anonymous said...

I really respect and admire your choice to not use this post as an opportunity to persuade your readers to vote for your chosen candidate. It's getting to the point where I almost don't want to visit people's blogs or read a myspace bulletin for fear of having their beliefs shoved down my throat. Thank you for being considerate of that =]

Jillian said...

obama has become so 'fashionable' lately haha
i think almost EVERY designer is behind him and i think it's awesome! :)

Secretista said...

The election is really impacting the fashion world. It's amazing!

susie_bubble said...

I think it's great designers are getting onboard with Obama... and yes I'm supporting him...

One Source Talent said...

Its amazing how everywhere you look you see something about the presidential elections. I think it is a great thing, making everyone conscious of the elections.

No matter what your political affiliation is, we should all vote!

Just my thoughts!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin