Monday, November 17, 2008

Brrr..It's Cold Out Here!

Photobucket

As a Floridian, whenever the temperature dips below the sixties I kind of spaz out. I just don't know how to handle the cold weather! I'm such a wimp.. All of the sudden a lightweight sweaters not enough and my ears and face get chilly. Of course, there is an easy fashionable solution to this.. the stylish winter hat.

Headwear is going to be big for winter and its come in more unique shapes than ever before. Slouchy beanies and berets are great for a laid back hipster look. A cloche offers a vintage fix in true twenties fashion. Skullcaps and beanies offer the most warmth & are coming in bright colors. The nordic ski cap with ties is a traditional look that mixes great with an edgy leather bomber or black blazer. A stylish altearnative to a hat is a knitted headband to cover the ears and not give you hat hair.

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

12 comments:

kokostiletto said...

i love toques! (that's what we call them in Canada!) and NO JOKE. I'M GOING TO URBAN OUTFITTERS to get that awesome headband tmr!

lisa said...

I was so tempted by that headband when UO had it in gray last year! But at around $34 Cdn, I'm still dithering, especially since I have a very cozy toque already in gray angora.

Cecilia said...

This is funny, I live in michigan! Hats are very very useful

MizzJ said...

Hmm I still think the headband would give flat hair? Guess that's called headband hair? haha Anyways cute picks, especially the cloche!

Lindsay said...

I know its about 30 degrees in Ohio! I love the cloches and berets. I actually just posted about cloches!

Kira Fashion said...

Really cute and I love cold weather!

a kiss :)

penelope said...

Cloches are just so classy! But I have no IDEA how to wear them in SG without looking like~ A nut case! Love those beanies!!

LML said...

i tend to buy lots of hats and berets, but wear them not enough! i need to write a note to myself!

lisa said...

Hey, I tagged you in my blog today! Check out the post for more details. :-)

stephanie said...

love that urban outfitters one!

Chelsea Rae said...

That headband looks so warm and fuzzy, not to mention it's totally cute!

budget chic said...

I found one of those cute cloche hats at a discount store for $7!