Saturday, November 15, 2008

Swingin' Sixties Style

I've always loved fashion from the sixties; the bright colors, loud prints, crazy make-up and accessories overload are right up my alley. I stumbled upon these vintage magazine scans and had to share! There is so much that can be learned about fashion just by studying the clothes from other eras.
Photobucket
1967 Vogue
Photobucket
1965 Vogue
Photobucket
1965 vogue
Photobucket
1967 Vogue
Photobucket
1968 Vogue

How strange will it be to look back on our current fashion from the future? Will they find it inspiring, lacking direction.. boring?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

10 comments:

LML said...

love the first ans last! its funny how almost futuristic looking at teh same time!

Secretista said...

LOVE IT.

bridechic said...

The woman in hot pink in the last photo is a model/actress named Marissa Berenson. She's the grandaughter of the great fashion designer, Elsa Schaperelli. Good to see such an early photo od old Marissa.

Joey said...

Before I saw the date I thought the first picture was something from today. I think the first three could be in a magazine today and still work, at least photographically.

But I love the glasses in the first.

kokostiletto said...

Oh wow what a great find! I love vintage! I think when the future looks back at our decade it will be good :) I think the 80s and early 90s were the fashion years which were more embarassing!

Marina said...

Nice blog... Are you interesting in a link exchange with my blog :
Bottes pas cher
Marina (from France)

Liliai Anoel said...

the second photo is gorgeous! I love it :)

follow my blog! http://reflectivetreasure.blogspot.com/

Nelli said...

"Art produces ugly things which frequently become beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things which always become ugly with time." - Jean Cocteau ;-)

penelope said...

Loving the 1967 look! The white eye liner looks so fab!

Holly said...

this is amazing, my mother has the exact same yellow and pink bikini in the first picture (as well as a matching cover-up) too bad she was so tiny, ill never fit into it!