Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Scoping Out Shopbop

Photobucket

Whenever I'm feeling less than inspired I stop by Shopbop's online lookbook. It's updated once a week with new shots and although its nothing revolutionary or editorial its great for outfit ideas. In the fall/winter I feel like its so easy to just throw on a sweatshirt or coat, but outfits like these showcase great style too.

In these particular looks I'm loving the unique hosiery, scarves, & outerwear that seem to "make" the outfits. Just because it's chilly outside doesn't mean you have to resort to drab options. The lookbook always seems to perfectly capture the ideas I have in my head for outfits and bring them to life. The styling is practical yet trendy and fashionable.

It makes me never want to wear a baggy sweatshirt outside again!

xoxo, lauren

15 comments:

Nina (femme rationale) said...

oooh, i'm drooling over the fur vest/wrap thingy.

and i'm not very good at tying scarves, either. all i do is fold the scarf in half diagonally so that it looks like a triangle, then hold up the 2 longer ends, tie it behind your neck once like you're about to tie shoelaces (the triangular part should rest on your chest), and bring the ends forward over your shoulder. that's it. i hope that makes sense...let me know if it doesn't. :)

♥ fashion chalet said...

Thanks, yes Audrey is my number one favorite, had to have her on my shirt! ;)


Glad to hear from ya again. :)

♥/ fashion chalet

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

I love the first dress and the fur scarf/shrug is so nice too!!!

lisa said...

Hallelujah! Now if only other college students felt the same about their baggy sweatshirts. ;)

Song of Style said...

dressing as rachel zoe for halloween is super coote and smart!!!!u nailed it

MizzJ said...

That dress and fringed bag in the top left shot is pretty unique and hot for winter!

Donkey said...

Yea, that's helpful, because I do tend to get drabby when it's cold (I'm mostly a dress person).

labelllefille said...

I completely agree, sometimes it's less encouragement to be fashionable when it's too cold out and all you want to do is throw on a sweater. But I think dressing up for winter can also be a lot of fun with cute tights, coats, and boots! I particularly love that print dress in the first picture!

penelope said...

The fur vest outfit looks amazing and you look so so fab in both your Halloween outfit! HAHA I was laughing at your Rachel Zoe's!

Couture Carrie said...

I am addicted to shopbop! That TIBI dress rocks!

xoxox,
CC

hannah said...

wow! gorgeous!

i love the first dress.

Jeanine said...

The internet has such great inspiration, I love it.

lacouturiernyc said...

i do love their look books!

xoxo,
La C

Bostonista said...

my boss is always making me feel guilty about shopping on shopbop bc they take so much business away from small local boutiques of which she is an owner. But shopbop is cheaper and easier and the selection is so much larger!

I would kill for that fur vest though.

Mariela said...

Shopbop has great stuff, including these jeans, which I highly recommend.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin