Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feeling Festive

As promised I have a few pictures from my roomies & my first annual holiday party (it's going to be a new tradition)! It was a huge success; my friends, even the guys, loved getting all dressed up and we all felt pretty sophisticated. We baked cookies & my moms famous hello dolly bars and made the world's best spinach dip. We had christmas-y drinks & of course decorations. It was a fabulous evening before we all go home for the holidays.

As a college student, I don't get too many oportunities to wear poufy party dresses so I went all out. Everyone told me I looked like a present in my tartan. I was going more for a gossip girl, or Dolce & Gabanna FW08 look, but I don't think they'd get the reference:)
Photobucket
me in my party dress!
Photobucket
My sartorial inspiration
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now that exams are over, I'm looking forward to going home and spending some time with the fam, and doing some (okay, all) of my Christmas shopping!

Don't forget to enter the Naturally Knotty contest below!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

16 comments:

Krystal said...

i LOVE the plaid look!! xo

K.B. said...

aww looks like a great party! i love your plaid dress!

Jenny H. said...

cuteee dress.
you are gorgeouss

alyssa said...

you're so cute! i looooove that dress.

TEXTSTYLES said...

love roommate traditions. me n mine are having an "ugly holiday sweater" party

but your plaid is way more sophisticated, looks great

*hearts*

maveri_ck<3 said...

omg i love that dress so cute!

LML said...

love the plaid dress! i def see the dolche/blair look! haha none of my friends would get it either!

your party is tres cute! im sad im not having my annual xmas party this year due to finals, and not enough time to prepare! the food looks delish and the fireplace is genius - i am so doing that when i get my apartment!

lisa said...

Eeek you look adorable! You wear plaid well.

penelope said...

CUTE outfit! Loved the D&G campaign!

AND I agree! Valerie's hair's amazing!

Kira Fashion said...

so cool!!! plaid is very strong now and this dress is so cute, so much better than D&G! heheh

a kiss girl!

Demi said...

you are gorgeous! and i love your dress :)
i've just discovered your blog and its amazing! could we trade links please?
xx

Nina (femme rationale) said...

you look gorgeous in your party dress. red really suits you.

kokostiletto said...

wow you look so gorgeous! total gossip girl vibe!

Christabel et Laura said...

Ahhh! The red of the tartan looks AWESOME with your colouring. A blonde like me just couldn't do it justice.

Allison said...

I think your dress is absolutely gorgeous!!!

susie_bubble said...

I think you mirrored the reference very well!