Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eco-Friendly Glamour

Photobucket

I'm still a big supporter of the eco-friendly clothing movement. My roommates tease me for carrying my reusable shopping bag when we go grocery shopping, but even that teeny effort makes me feel like I'm doing something to help out.

Eco friendly fabrics are definitely going to be a part of a big movement in the fashion industry. It's a great niche market for designers. Nicole Bridger is showing that designs composed of environmentally safe materials no longer have to be fit for leftover hippies but can be glamorous and stylish.

I'm loving these floaty sillhouettes in luxurious fabrics like cashmere, satin, and organic cotton. They'd all fit seamlessly into any wardrobe and look super comfy. The lookbook offers some sartorial inspiration as well; it looks like the line is for the earthy fashionista who still wants to look stylish.

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

9 comments :

Krystal said...

love the floaty-ness!

S.Elisabeth said...

Oh my gosh, I don't usually like lines that are eco chic, but this one actually looks SO cute!! Hopefully the price tag isn't too out there...

lisa said...

I actually got to talk to Nicole Bridger briefly and reviewed her SS09 show at BC Fashion Week for Stylefinds! I love how she drapes fabric, which she apparently learned while interning for Vivienne Westwood. Kudos for featuring some homegrown talent from my neck of the woods. :)

rebeca said...

fantastic!

Nina (femme rationale) said...

i think it's totally rad that u bring your reusable shopping bag. rad and chic! ;)

Anna said...

I agree with everyone, I usually want to be more eco friendly in my wardrobe, but never find anything that quite fits my style. This stuff is really nice though! By the way, you could get so creative and fun with your reusable shopping bags, good for you, for doing your thing!

♥ fashion chalet said...

Looks flattering and chic, as well as being environmentally friendly! =]

xxx

Charmaine said...

oh i love that black shawl thing! very very cool! and all at no cost to the environment (even better!!)

MizzJ said...

Ooh I love that green tunic and the Secret dress! Gorgeous, I'll have to check out her stores in Vancouver sometime :)