Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Looking Glamorous is a Feminine Instinct"- Alber Elbaz

Looking at the images from Lanvin's Pre-Fall 09 Collection is giving me the urge to throw on my slinkiest LBD, faux fur shrug & smoky eye shadow (..and maybe become an ex-pat and move to France haha). The collection is undeniably Parisian and the looks seem right out of a Hemingway novel. I love the overt dressiness, glitz, and glamour of the clothing and accessories. It makes me long for a time/place I could dress up like this!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think toned down versions of these will be popular for Fall 09 (so strange to think about considering it's only January hm?) So many of the Pre-Fall collections have a hugely vintage feel to them, I wonder if this is where fashion is headed?

xoxo, Lauren

Pin It!

13 comments :

Nina (femme rationale) said...

i am so loving this collection. that tulle dress is so beautiful.

Couture Carrie said...

This colleciton is stunning, esp. that wispy teal dress!

xoxox,
CC

lacouturiernyc said...

love love LOVE lanvin :)

xoxo,
La C.

LML said...

it is sooo rich and lucious!

yiqin; said...

The gold in the collection is so heavenly.

susie_bubble said...

Oooh... a good sign for the AW09 - 10 show for sure....

michelle said...

I love the quote at the title of the post! :D

Cafe Fashionista said...

Alber Elbaz is my new hero - I love that quote.

Nina (femme rationale) said...

oh, how cool that you were featured in ELLEgirl mag. it's funny how happenstances can shape your future. ;)

strikeapose said...

I love your blog..wanna link trade?

Charmaine said...

alber elbaz is a genius!

MizzJ said...

Very sophisticated and European!

hande's closet said...

love the 2 nd dress so much!!