Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My New Year's Fashion Resolutions!

I had a great, relaxing vacation; cut off from civilization with no cell service or computer. Now, it's back to reality! Classes started today but, I'm starting off the new year feeling very positive and excited to see what 2009 will bring.
Photobucket
I'm one of those annoyingly strict resolution makers; I'm pretty good about sticking to them; this year I've made a few fashion related resolutions:

1. I feel like it's so easy to reach for black and neutral colors every day; i'd like to inject more color into my wardrobe!
2. Reading less mainstream fashion magazines gives great insight! It's worth spending a little extra money for such a different viewpoint.
3. I just got accepted to a study abroad program this summer for my fashion major! I'll be spending 5 weeks in London, Paris, and Milan and I CAN NOT WAIT!
4. I used to make my dad take a picture of my outfit every day, now that I'm in college; I'm on the hunt for a new photographer/perfecting the art of the self-timer!
5. I need to save up some money for summer & get some more retail experience!

What are everyone's resolutions for 09?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

7 comments:

Secretista said...

YOU'RE STUDYING ABROAD?!?!?!?! I'm kindddd of jealous. And me 2 girlie, I need to read for indie and foreign magazines.

LML said...

studying abroad!!!! im am so envious! you will have so much fun - especially learning about FASHION there!!! omg - they are the best!

Nina (femme rationale) said...

congrats on your study abroad program! sounds so fun and chic. and if you have a point and shoot digicam, you should invest in a mini tripod. it costs about $15 (maybe less) and really helps taking those outfit pics. that's how i take most of my outfit pics. ;)

Ambs said...

Working in retail is a really good idea if you're trying to get into the fashion/retail industry. I worked at Target for about 3 years and I learned a lot from working in the clothing dept.

jessica said...

uhmm, i don't have any resolutions !
studies have shown that resolutions are best made in the spring rather than at the beginning of the year in order to be the most effective as possible.
buut that's not why i haven't made any, i just haven't :]


x

MJ. said...

I always make a list like yours and never manage to follow it...so this year I just didn't write it. I just hope to have fun everyday!:)
Oh! Btw, u're gonna have an amaaaazing time abroad!!

X

Mel Carrey said...

Lucky you and you're upcoming travels! I'm going to be more adventurous, and I have to become a nicer person in the morning lol