Sunday, January 25, 2009

Neutral & Neon

Photobucket
Neon's been popping up all over the place lately, especially in accessories. Sticking to my new years resolution of wearing more color, I've been throwing in splashes of fluorescent colors with neutral colors, like gray.

Combined with a gray tank dress, neon brightens up an otherwise ordinary outfit. The day-glo colors are definitely an 80's/90's influence, a big trend for Spring 09.

On a complete side note, after making a trip to the mall this weekend and perusing some department stores, I'm really worried about the retail industry! Almost everything in the stores was on sale with an additional percentage off. Retailers must be barely breaking even or losing money. It's so depressing! I really hope things pick up..

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

10 comments :

lisa said...

I've been wearing lots of hot pink with gray, black, and white lately. Today I wore a hot pink scarf and lined my eyes with bright blue--the rest of my outfit was neutral. :)

K.B. said...

I know...the mall's have been scaring me too. I hope Obama can get this country rolling again SOON!

LML said...

i do love that color combo!

Mrs.Zeus said...

look at all these lovely colors!!!

FIERCE!

Couture Carrie said...

Love this color combo - fab post!

xoxox,
CC

lacouturiernyc said...

i love the combo; so perfect!

xoxo,
La C.

strikeapose said...

God I hope things pick up too. This is quite depressing. Cute combo.

Rachelle said...

I love neon colors, especially in nail polish and sunglasses!
Every hot celeb wears them...great post!

XxxxX Rachelle

http://omg-rachelle.blogspot.com/

Trish said...

Your blog is really cool!! I love it! :)

Nina (femme rationale) said...

must mean warmer weather is just around the corner...at least i hope so. haha