Friday, January 9, 2009

There's No Such Thing as Overdressed

Photobucket

"People tell me that what I wear every day is what most people would wear to a wedding"

-newly appointed Kate Spade creative director, Deborah Lloyd


I would honestly be perfectly happy sporting high heels, party dresses and giant baubles every day like its no big deal. I love that this is how Deborah Lloyd chooses to live her life. In February's Harper's Bazaar she talks about how she rides the subway to work in her girly ensembles. This quote seems like a very Kate Spade mantra & a modern day Holly Golightly way to go about things. I'd love to embrace that attitude & apply it to my life!

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

10 comments:

lacouturiernyc said...

totally agree :)

xoxo,
La C.

Candice said...

i feel like how ppl dress back then (audrey hepburn are) is considered "FORMAL" today. we need to be lady backk

LML said...

i have had to restrain myself from buying fancy clothes all the time - i dont have enough places to wear them, but i can help that im more attracted to them ;)

rebeca said...

:):):)

Summershoegal said...

I totally agree too! I here I am overdressed all the time too and am always happy to not be the only one ;)

Jen said...

Absolutely!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I couldn't agree more. And I love the picture. It reminds me of the 1970's.

Chris said...

Oh yes, totally agree!!

Great blog :)

MizzJ said...

Hehe so true, if only we could get away with totally dolling up and not have to face so many strange looks and comments! Although, sometimes I really am just grateful to not think about what I'm wearing. We should all just let ourselves be!!

Cara said...

I loved this article! And I usually don't find Bazaar's features too interesting.