Sunday, February 8, 2009

Red Carpet Looks from the 2009 Grammys

Photobucket

I'm not usually a big fan of awards shows, but I decided to watch the Grammy's with my roomies. I pay more attention to the fashion than who wins the awards of course. Now that I'm in college I never get any opportunities to dress up in gowns and jewels (although I like to make my own excuses). I actually enjoyed the performances a lot-- usually the show doesn't hold my attention.

As for my favorite red carpet looks:

  • Taylor Swift looked age appropriate in a black v-neck dress with a patent leather belt. It's a basic dress, but a trendy design. The thick cuff is a good choice for an accessory.
  • British songstress Adele took a risk with her lime colored satin evening jacket, but I love the pop of brightness it adds to the look. I could do without the silver brooch though.
  • Carrie Underwood wore a super-flattering nude colored column dress. It looks perfect with her tan complexion and blonde hair and has a great lengthening effect.
  • Although reality star Audrina isn't a musician, I really liked her look for the red carpet; the royal blue is a bold color. The sweetheart neckline and side bun ties everything together.

xoxo, lauren

10 comments:

LML said...

loved taylor and ADELE!!!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I loved Carrie Underwood's dress - so chic and lovely. And Audrina Patridge's side bun was adorable.

fdiary said...

I loved Audrina look - that blue dress was a winner in my book!

La Couturier said...

thank you so much, lauren, for the sweet comment =]

& i love taylor's dress so much!

xoxo,
La C.

Ashton said...

I thought Carrie looked amazing! She is so pretty, and that dress looked great on her.

I linked you as well, I love your blog!

copperoranges said...

i love taylor swift and carrie underwood!

i'm so happy adele won! she is such a talent!

strikeapose said...

Taylor and Carrie looked great.

hanna said...

i thought taylor looked great too!

yiqin; said...

I love what Adele wore. It suits her really well!

Couture Carrie said...

I thought Audrina looked fab too - I love that color!

xoxox,
CC

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin