Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Red Lipstick Lovin

Photobucket

DEX New York was kind enough to let me try out one of their high pigment mineral eye shadows! Mine came in the Jungle Red color so I mixed it with a tube of Vaseline lip gloss to create a bright red lipstick.

The color was super vibrant and it had great staying power with the pigments. I'd love to try other colors that could be used multi purposes as an eye shadow & lipstick or play around with the red for a theatrical editorial look. I'd definitely reccommend the loose powder pigment for people who want to get more bang for their buck or love playing around with make-up!

Photobucket

I rarely brave the red lipstick look, but there's something about it that's so glamourous! It's been featured in editorials and fashion shows a ton lately, it's a easy way to add a bit of drama to an everyday outfit.

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

8 comments :

fhen said...

i loove the lipstick on you.. just the nice vibrant of red

Sherin said...

I love red lipstick. Its something I'm not brave enough to wear frequently, but on special occasions it looks brilliant.

K.B. said...

Red lipstick is one of those amazing accessories that immediately pulls a person together. You look great in yours!

lisa said...

I love that your red lipstick isn't really red lipstick! Very creative use of eyeshadow.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm in love with red lipstick - especially with a high gloss finish - but I'm too much of a wuss to even attempt to pull it off. There is something undeniably high fashion about it, though.

MizzJ said...

Wow that looks so great on you! How would you wear that as a shadow though, it seems like those pigments are very vibrant?

sildenafil said...

You look great! Thank you for the tip I never try something like that, but I will do it when i get home.
Thank you and good luck.

High quality Mulberry Bags said...

Mulberry bags specializes in leather goods, from Mulberry bags uk in southwest England, the superb Mulberry Alexa Bags to build, combined with practical, original and mulberry leather bags touch and original creative design and beautiful style escape from other brands, to classic mulberry handbags antique style, commodities Also thick smell of thick leather, extensive use of metal rivets, and buckle, Mulberry Bayswater Bags copper metal parts, mulberry outlet can help medieval times