Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring Break Essentials & Pantone's Spring 09 Colors

Photobucket

Pantone released their forecasted colors for Spring 2009 a year ago and it's crazy how accurate they are/how much designers pay attention to them. These 5 colors were among their list and it says on the site that they "Provide Optimism and Stability for Spring". I love the mix personally and think they are a great combination together or separate. They remind me of the Carribean.

Also, Spring Break is coming up for most of us (mine is in a week!), and these are some essentials for break, assuming the weather will be warm-ish where you are!

  • A Going Out Top: Something slinky and flattering to wear for a night out on the town is a Spring Break must.
  • Sunglasses: A pair of shades for eye protection is a necessity in the sun! This wayfarer inspired style is super cute.
  • Day To Night Dress: This dress could work as a cover up or dress to wear shopping and when glammed up with some accessories and heels a good night look as well.
  • Carry All Handbag: A roomy bag can fit everything from a change of clothes to a stash of fashion magazines.
  • Shoes in a Shocking Color: A brightly colored pair of shoes such as this azure blue pair makes an instant statement and an eye-catching touch.

xoxo, lauren

P.S. This picture is from my hometown beach. I can't wait to spend some relaxing days in the sunshine!

Pin It!

11 comments :

LoveMore said...

oh very spot on indeed! lovely photo too! thanks for your comment!! :)

love LM xxx

Anonymous said...

Nordstroms has brightly colored $10 pair sunglasses in their junior department

cose belle said...

Love all of them, but I'm obsessed with the yellow Hurley dress!

lisa said...

I heart fuchsia, I really do.

Gigi said...

I just acquired a pair of pastel blue platforms. I can't wait to wear them this spring/summer!

LML said...

my spring break started yeasterday - im chilling at home for some r and r:)

copperoranges said...

i love that there's someone out there who gets to "pick" the color for the year. love it. i want that job.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'll take the salmon rose carry all handbag. Love it!

S.Elisabeth said...

you live near that beach. I'm insanely jealous! I love, love, love that yellow dress (and the color yellow in general), and salmon rose is such a pretty color!

ambiquitous said...

i agree, it's so funny someone gets to decide the colors for each year. but its always interesting to see how each designer interprets it!

budget chic said...

I'm looking forward to all the bold bright colors that will be out this summer