Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Volunteering= Good for the Soul

Last week I got the opportunity to volunteer with one of my university's organizations at a daycare with pre-school age kids. When I was in high school I did tons of volunteer hours with a local Hospice thrift store & I've really missed giving back to the community. The little kids were absolutely adorable & I was having as much fun as they were doing arts & crafts, eating cupcakes, and playing outside. It's such a rewarding experience!
Photobucket
I'd just like to pass along the opportunity to volunteer to be a counselor this Summer for the Fresh Air Fund, a summer camp in Fishkill,NY. The program provides a life changing experience for 2,000 low-income New York City children. Counselors have the opportunity to make a difference in a child's life along with sharing fun times like campfires, watersports, and crafting sessions. If I wasn't studying abroad, it's definitely a way I'd enjoy spending my summer! If it sounds like something you may be interested in, please check out the site!
Photobucket
xoxo, lauren

15 comments:

Charmaine said...

that is the cutest photo ever! keep on volunteering sweetie :)

Sherin said...

Aww, Volunteering is a great thing to do. I'm definitely going to find some volunteer work for over the summer.

Cara said...

Such an inspiring post - and something we don't see everyday. Keep up the good work!
xx,CC

Cafe Fashionista said...

Such a perfect post, and just in time for Valentine's Day.

I tend to spend a lot of time working with Radio Lollipop and various animal shelters/organizations. :)

lisa said...

Great post, and what an adorable photo!

LML said...

sounds like fun! i really do love to volunteer too - im in the volunteer corp in my college :)

Lindsay said...

so adorable!

copperoranges said...

you are a gorgeous girl!

i have to do observation/volunteering in school 5 hours/week and usually it's my favorite time of the week.

strikeapose said...

Aww that first picture is adorable, your so beautiful!

Becky Cope said...

that kid is gorgeous! i want to give him a big hug! how lovely. xx

yiqin; said...

I must learn from you! I volunteered to go to China! :D To help wit the sichuan earthquake! I hope I will survive it...

K.B. said...

Aww, what a cutie!

I didn't volunteer at all my first semester and I felt so...meaningless. I finally signed up for my school's volunteer club and cannot wait to start again. Volunteering is so great, congratulations!

Sabb said...

I love that you point out how much itusually helps oneself and that it´s not that much about giving sth or doing sth but receiving even much more

ed said...

6K聊天室,080中部人聊天室,聊天室交友,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,情色聊天室,AV女優,AV,A片,情人薇珍妮,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,情色文學,色情小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,情色電影,一葉情貼圖片區,色情遊戲

言情小說,情色論壇,色情網站,微風成人,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人網站,免費影片,色情影片,自拍,hilive,做愛,微風成人,微風論壇,AIO

情趣用品,情色,成人,A片,自拍

情趣用品,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片

情趣用品,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛

情趣用品,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊

情趣用品,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影

high heels shoes said...

Christian Louboutin
Christian Louiboutin Pumps with skinny jeans plus a leather flight jacket the size of the reliable exquisite facade. How you can boost your self-image during this scenario is become ever more challenging. And at the moment, pair of Christian Pumps really should be the essential equipment. So usually do not hesitate to acquire them to your Christian Louiboutin Pumps.Bear in mind the Christian Louboutin footwear certainly not let you down. These are so sexy, gorgeous, shining and trendy.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin