Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All Mixed Up


One of the best ways to stretch your dollar during bathing suit season is to choose separates that you can mix and match. I remember doing this quite a few years ago & getting some weird looks for throwing together a random mix, but now it's acceptable and encouraged! If you're an avid beach or pool go-er, it's a great way to switch up your look without having to buy several separate bathing suits and a bit more stylish than the traditional "matchy-matchy" suits.
Some popular designs for spring and summer include neon colors, tribal prints, and hardware/embellishments. There are bathing suits for every taste and price point. An insider tip is to check out stores like T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, or Ross for last season's bathing suits at incredible markdowns ($25 or less for both pieces)!
xoxo, lauren


ed said...







Marian said...

I prefer mis-matched separates when it comes to swim suits. I like all the ones you posted too.
muah x

LML said...

that is a very smart idea - fashion wise and budget wise :)

lisa said...

For this summer, I'm going to be springing for an electric blue bikini bottom from AA to go with a blue and orange polka dot bikini top I bought in Mexico a couple years ago. Very timely post, LPF. :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

I always love mismatched bathing suits, as well. Only I've never tried one myself. I typically get matching tops and bottoms. Maybe this year it's time for a change. :)

penelope said...

LOVE mismatched bikinis too:D LOVED the Wetseal one which you've featured:D

Hayley said...

I'm all about mismatching and so excited to go look at Forever 21's swimsuits this weekend!

Epoch Vintage said...

Great post...Keeping benjamin's in the pocket is never a bad idea...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin