Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fashion Predicitions in the 1930's

Things have been absolutely insane lately trying to cram everything in before I leave for Miami Fashion Week. I'll be back with a full post tonight, but just wanted to post this!

We watched this video clip in my 20th Century Design class and I found the fashion predictions pretty interesting (and funny). Some of their ideas aren't so far off from today's styles!

Does anyone think those shoes they feature remind you of Marc Jacob's surrealist heels?

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

7 comments :

Leia said...

Haha, what a great video! I love their 'climate control' ideas. I wish I had a belt that would adapt me to whatever climate I'm in - how cool would that be? x

S.Elisabeth said...

haha that was hilarious. i loved the "dresses will disappear entirely" look. definitely resembles some collections now... & i love the flowy dress like right after it. if only we could walk around like that!

MizzJ said...

lol what a funny video! I wonder if people will look back on Hussein Chalayan's transforming clothes and giggle at us!

Nina (femme rationale) said...

regarding your comment: i'm 5'3" but i look taller cuz i have no upper body. my torso is abnormally short. haha

Lindsay said...

That's so funny! I can totally see it in many collections too!

Gigi said...

That was nice. Thanks for sharing. I couldn't help but think of Mr. Galiano as the clip progressed! :)

dressfox said...

I totally did this on my blog like, months ago. Isn't that a funny video?