Monday, March 30, 2009

Miami Fashion Week: Part IV

Photobucket

This is my final installment of Miami Fashion Week Coverage. This last show, Amato Couture, was truly spectacular. The designer was from Dubai which as we all know, is a country that does nothing halfway. The collection was over-the-top, extravagant, and absolutely beautiful. All the clothing sparkled on the runway with its thousands of swarvoski crystals bedazzling the looks. The models wore winged black eyeliner and black airbrushed tattoos. The candy colored infections were like works of art in themselves.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The clothing truly speaks for itself. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to sit in the front row for this show and it was the perfect ending to my fashion week experience. I was sitting near the front and one of the directors asked me if I wanted to fill an empty seat there. I was able to see all of the extreme detail and adornment on the clothing and the view from the front is definitely something I could get used to!

xoxo, lauren

13 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Swarovski crystals are one of my best friends! :)

Gloria C. said...

Hmmmm not really digging the bedazzled creations.

I prefer simpler things, whom are some of your favorite designers?

I'm in Tampa atm for college (USF) did you happen to check out the fashion show to raise money for the girl who was recently raped last year here?

Allison said...

These are definitely bedazzled! They're obviously well constructed, I'm just not an enormous fan, though I can definitely appreciate the hard work that went into the designs :)
And seriously, that's awesome that you got to sit front row! What a fantastic opportunity.

Fashion Garden said...

wow beautiful dresses I want them all :)
alice
xoxo
www.thefashiongarden.blogspot.com

S.Elisabeth said...

I love the cutout in the last dress. All the dresses were so unique! the designer is definitely one that focuses on detail.

Eri said...

Hello there,
I just came across your blog and very much enjoyed.
Please come and visit mine too, It's a fashion blog inspired by POrtobello Road, London.
I hope you enjoy it and see you soon.

LML said...

i am actually loving all the sequins!

Sherin said...

Wow, that green dress is gorgeous! And the make up on the models is so nice. I wonder if I could get away with eyeliner like that...

Kate Garcia said...

i looooooooooooooooooooove this line! omg. i would die if i were able to wear any of those gowns! :) beautifulll!

and i'm SUPER jealous you were able to attend.

Anonymous said...

OMG! i love, love, love! i could totally picture Kim Kardashian rocking out in one of those delicious pieces. speaking of KIM, she will be attending the grand opening party for A'gaci @ Sawgrass Mills Mall this friday, 11/20 at 6:00 pm!!!!! soooo excited to go!!! =) you can too!! just rsvp to rsvp@skirtpr.com!!!

Bill C. said...

Beautiful presentation!

askmichaelCohen said...

Summer Destination Kit: MIAMI. Find out how to blend in with the locals with these items. From Tom Ford to ALDO Shoess, we've got everything you need to step into The Magic City with style.http://goo.gl/RCwzg

Anonymous said...

www.coeur-brise.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin