Friday, March 20, 2009

Vintage Miami Beach

Photobucket

In excitement for my Miami Fashion Week trip I've been loving these old vintage photographs of girls on Miami Beach from the 50's and 60's. From the retro bathing suits to the fun cheesy poses, they evoke a wonderful sense of nostalgia! Although I can attest that South Beach has been nowhere near this conservative in quite a long time, the images are fun to look back on & i love the bikini styles!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll be back on Monday with full coverage of Miami Fashion Week; look out for live twitter feed updates on the sidebar or at my twitter site!


xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

16 comments:

Mizz said...

I like that fishnet one, although I shudder to think of what horrible tan lines it would give.

LML said...

can i please have all those bathingsuits!?!?!?
great vintage images - makes me want summer!

have a blast in MIAMI!

lisa said...

The sunglasses in the last picture crack me up.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm so in love with this post! Those vintage bathing suits are adorable; so are those fun sunglasses. Have a wonderful time at Miami Fashion Week!

S.Elisabeth said...

Lucky!! Have fun in Miami, I love vintage beach looks. Wish they'd come back!

Sherin said...

I love swimsuits like these. I've been looking for one to buy, but I can't find them anywhere.

yiqin; said...

Vintage swim wear is the best. They all look so sexy in sucha classy manner.

maiahalyse said...

the last picture confirms that kanye west's shutter glasses (http://sunglassreplicas.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/kanye_west.jpg) are no longer cutting edge but actually a remake of those totally incredible shades... :)

Secretista said...

I can't wait to buy a bathing suit like these for the Summer!!!!

Epoch Vintage said...

great post...!! Love the vintage suits..!!

budget chic said...

The clothes were just absolutely amazing back then, sigh - you makes you want to hop into a time capsule and rewind!

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

everything was so much cuter in the 50s! how fun and sweet!
xox

Gigi said...

Lovin' these 50's style suits. So nostalgic!

Review Daddy said...

Cool

Brown Suit said...

Yea! sexy ladies even though its old they look pretty.

Suit said...

Cool. These old vintage photographs of girls on Miami Beach are awesome.