Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eternal Spring Fashion Show

Photobucket

Anyone can put together a fabulous fashion show with a budget in the thousands, a lineup of professional models, and oodles of designer duds. It's the student run fashion shows that require true creativity, innovation, and some good ol' budgeting.

I had the opportunity to work on the fashion show with the fashion club I'm involved with at my university, the Collegiate Merchandising Association. I've planned so many in the past that it was kind of nice to take a less pressure filled role in the project and just help out!

We had a minimal budget which pretty much forces you to get crafty. We created tissue paper flowers and paper windmills involving lots of hot glue guns, created an astroturf runway and borrowed clothes from local boutiques. The show was a giant success and great experience for a group of fashion loving & ambitious college students!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

7 comments :

Leia said...

Looks like you did a fantastic job! I love the dress you're wearing, and your hair looks so pretty, too :)

LML said...

congrats! it looks like fun- i wish we had a fashion club here...

Marian said...

well done honey! looks like it was a big success. looks like so much fun.
muah x
marian

Cafe Fashionista said...

Bravo! I wish I could have been there. Reminds me of the time L.C. put together a fashion show in Laguna Beach to raise money. Great idea!

Lesley said...

Congrats! I wish we had a fashion club at my school!

budget chic said...

More pictures please!

K.B. said...

Sounds great! Please show more pictures!