Wednesday, April 1, 2009

House of Style Circa 2009

Photobucket
Bar wearing bracelets by Mary Kate Steinmiller and recently featured Ettika!

I'm so excited that MTV and Teen Vogue are reviving the 90's favorite fashion show, House of Style. I haven't seen much about it on TV, but apparently the premiere was March 21st, so keep an eye out for more episodes!I'm loving the first installment! Supermodels Bar Rafaeli and Chanel Iman host the show, highlighting trends, D.I.Y.'s and celebrity style spotlights.
Photobucket
My favorite part of the show was the friendship bracelet tutorial from Teen Voguette and accessory designer Mary Kate Steinmiller. It's so inspiring to think that she was the one who gave me the tour of the Teen Vogue offices back during Fashion U in 07'! It's cool to see how far she's come. I'm a teensy bit obsessed with her neon braided & bedazzled bracelets.I'm anxious to see more from the show!

Check out the online episode here! I took it off because it was slowing up the page loading.

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

11 comments :

Marian said...

never watched it but hope to this time around. apparently Chanel Iman is to host
xx
muah
Marian.

Anonymous said...

ooh didn't know this, i'll have to watch! someone needs to pick up the slack since the style channel is now all crazy wedding shows :(

Cafe Fashionista said...

I have never seen the show before - old or new - but I think that Chanel Iman will be a great host! :)

Becky Cope said...

omg, this is so exciting!! i can't wait til i can sit down with a mug of green tea to watch this! xxx

STEFANIE said...

I've heard a lot about it but I can't see the video :/

Anonymous said...

It played a couple times on TV. But I don't think it's a set series yet.

lisa said...

I never watched the original because we didn't have MTV in Canada in the 90s. Sad but true.

Sherin said...

This shows looks like it'd be cool (I just googled it). I can't wait till I have time to watch it.
I love the stacked bracelets in the picture. I've been trying to perfect that look with little luck.
Yh, we'll def gove you suggestions for the best shopping/restaurants in London.

LML said...

oooh a DIY! i must start watching this show!!!

Trisch said...

I love those bracelets - sounds like I'm going to have to start watching this :)

Trisch xo

black vanilla rose said...

Wow I love these bracelets, so bright n fresh xx