Monday, May 4, 2009

Cinco de Mayo in Style

Cinco de Mayo is another one of those "holidays" a.k.a. excuses to party that is usually overlooked in high school but turns into a huge deal once you reach college. Any excuse to don a sombrero, eat Mexican food, drink icy drinks and celebrate the end of school eh?

I would certainly love to wear one of these gorgeous Mexican inspired looks from Anna Sui's S/S 09 collection. It would definitely be the most stylish outfit among celebrators. I love the bright colors, beaded accessories, and summery sundresses in the collection. I suppose for now I'll just have to wear the embroidered dress I bought in Cozumel while on a cruise a few years ago!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

11 comments:

lisa said...

Oh these looks are lovely!

Cafe Fashionista said...

These looks are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. I agree, in high school you completely overlook Cinco de Mayo; then you enter the adult world - aka college, the workforce - and it's huge! :)

Sherin said...

I love that first dress. It is absolutely beautiful.

AudreyAllure said...

haha hope you had a fun cinco de mayo. i celebrated with quesadillas and margaritas !

myvogue said...

these "Mexican" outfits are great, just I don't know why, but they scream to me more "summer, beach, parties!!!" than "school graduation" :) Anyway one leads to the other so, nice choice.

LML said...

i am really into mexican folk fashion right now - i think its because im planning a fiesta for my bday party :) happy cinco de mayo!

Chickygirl said...

Oohh That's nice of you to say that! I just love converse it fits to everything!!

Carlotta said...

anna sui dresses are always so beautiful, love the first one!

S.Elisabeth said...

Ooh first and third outfits definitely my favorite.

Pretty Little Pictures said...

These are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

great post-love the blog. anna sui is fun!
-Sarah
p.s. we are twitter pals too :)