Sunday, May 17, 2009

Real Life Gossip Girls of NYC

Photobucket

Dove Go Fresh sponsored these weekly installments profiling 4 of New York City's twenty-something Upper East Siders during Gosip Girl Commericals each Monday. The girls all are following their dreams; from being a well traveled philanthropist, to being a filmmaker,to being creative director at Nylon, to starting a clothing line! It really is inspiring hearing their stories and see them balance life just like those of us who are striving to be in their shoes!

I tried out Dove's Go Fresh Burst Body Wash & Soap and loved the yummy nectarine & whiteinger scent. It was not overpoweringly sweet like some can be. It had a thick texture & a nice bubbly lather. The pricetag is "recessionista-friendly" as well!

My favorite profile so far has been that of Chrissie Miller, designer of clothing line Sophomore. I love that she's been an entrepreneur from a young age & uses her own friends as models! I really recommend checking out the rest of the videos on the site as well too see each girl's story.

Check out the last installment Monday night during Gossip Girl @ 8 P.M. eastern time featuring Nylon Magazine's Dani Stall (I'm really excited to see this one)!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

12 comments :

LML said...

i need to watch those - def seen them advertised during GG! finale tomorrow!!!!!

the bella and the beat said...

I'm excited for the Dani Stahl one too! Factory Girl is one of my favorite Nylon columns.

yiqin; said...

This looks good. I am psyched!

Leia said...

Aww she's lovely! What a great idea for commercials. Can't wait till the next installment of GG! :)

Chickygirl said...

I never seen gossip girls! I just watch grey anatomy and its the best!!

AudreyAllure said...

i'm excited to see that too, since Nylon is one of my favorite publications. and ahh season finale of GG !

Becky Cope said...

oh gossip girl... it really is the best. xxxx

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, if I weren't at work right now, I'd be watching them. Tonight my destination is in front of the computer, watching these pieces. Thanks for sharing! :)

lisa said...

These installments are definitely more interesting than the standard commercials. And aaahhhh can't wait for the GG finale tonight!

Pip said...

wow what a great idea! Definitely more stimulating than watching mind-numbing commercials!

http://for-thelifeofme.blogspot.com/

MizzJ said...

Ooh I can't wait to try the Dove Fresh body wash and watch the finale tonight!! Btw, I've given you an award http://highmaintenancewoman.blogspot.com/2009/05/double-awards-and-get-fresh-with-dove.html

Renee said...

Thanks for the tips. I also like http://www.petite-clothes-and-shoes.com.

What do you think!?!