Friday, June 5, 2009

10 Tips for Curing Summer Boredom

No matter how busy you are with work or summer classes, boredom always seems to go hand in hand with Summer. Although having nothing to do can be quite blissful, many a day has been wasted away on facebook & watching lifetime movies.

Here are some of my suggestions for fighting off those Summer blues along with some helpful links:

1. Hold a clothing swap with friends to add some new pieces to your summer wardrobe without spending money! [check out Punky's site for inspiration from her famous Boston swaps]

2. Take a spontaneous road trip even if it's just for the day


3. Make a parfait using fresh berries, vanilla yogurt, and granola

4. Revamp your clothes with a fun DIY [Carbon Couture always has great ones like this jacket inspired by Balmain!]


5.Organize a potluck dinner & game night with friends

6. Play with a puppy!


7.Volunteer! [The Fresh Air Fund still needs families to host NYC's inner city kids this summer!]

8. Try out runway make-up looks on yourself & do a photo shoot [harper's bazzar has a great how-to]


9. Create an inspiration board with magazine clippings & photos

10. Teach yourself how to line dance [it's really fun, I promise! & great exercise!]


I hope my suggestions come in handy! What are your boredom busting tips?

xoxo, lauren


Carlotta said...

tnx for sharing , love your tips I'll try something for this the pic of the "travel"!!

London Darling said...

Love tip no.9 - I could spend hours doing that seriously. Your blog is adorable, thanks for following sweetie! xoxo

Chickygirl said...

What a cute dog!

AudreyAllure said...

haha i was just thinking about tip 10 the other day. great tips!

Boubou said...

Bonjour !
first time i come across your blog so im gonna visit it now :)
well if you wanna be inspired by my collages/Scrapbook, or just dream, come and visit my blog :)
a bientot !
Boubouteatime xx

Cafe Fashionista said...

I so love this post. It completely made my day. I have a tendency of falling victim to summertime boredom.

-Number 3 = Yum!

-I just need to find a puppy, then I can play with one. Maybe now is the time to adopt?

-Number 9 - I made one of these at work the other day when I was supposed to be working on a special project. They both turned out great (the special project and the inspiration board!). :)

punky said...

Cute list!!

LML said...

DIY is def up there! and making cookies/ a cake lol! i love going on nature walks too!

Sherin said...

I love these ideas. I'm compiling a list of things to do this summer and can't wait to get started! I've been doing some volunteering and I'm definitely going to do some more

mooq said...

I agree with LML - baking is always a good way to spend the day! And delicious!

There's an ice cream shop in my town on the river and they rent canoes and rowboats by the hour! Always a fun way to spend a sunny day!

ChikitaRosemarie said...

i can say that the tip number 1-8 are some of my tricks to erase boredom,, and i love the way you persuate us to volunteer.. i'm an activist too, an environmental, and i'm joining one of the environmental ngo here in my hometown..
its great doing such thing, and believe me, it makes us feel good about ourselves, for we'll meet lots of new people, and experience many things!

great tips!


C. said...

great post for a boring sunday!!!

Leia said...

This was such a fun post! And I love that picture of you and the puppy - you look so lovely. When are you off to London? And are you visiting other cities in Europe, too? xx

miky said...

love chanel iman

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin