Monday, June 22, 2009

Adoring Ashaloo

Asha, designer of Ashaloo on Etsy.com is an incredibly talented, recent graduate of my school's fashion program. She's always wearing something totally fashion forward & has more ambition in her pinky than most do in their entire body. Asha makes and sells her own jewelry on etsy and takes custom orders too! I love the unique use of materials & statement that her designs make. They're just the thing to let out your inner trendsetter.

Photobucket

A Bit of Q & A with the designer, Asha.

What kind of girl do you envision wearing your pieces?
A city dweller that has an appreciation for quirky, eclectic jewelry & vintage elements. I think my items are versatile enough to wear from work to going out at night.

What materials do you use in your work?
I use a lot of vintage chains and materials & tend to take a lot of things apart & rebuild/reuse. I sit on my chain covered floor and start laying a piece out and join and attach as I go. But honestly no material is off limits, I once made a clutch out of straight up brillo pads that you scrub your kitchen with!

Where do you seek your inspiration from?
I am inspired by so many things! Shopping anywhere from vintage to hardware stores gets my mind churning. I am also really inspired by different tribal jewelry and from the places I have traveled to. Of course blogs, magazines, and entrepreneurial people able to make a business doing what they love, which would be my ultimate dream!!

How do you describe your personal style?
I think my style is a little grungy with some whimsical elements thrown in. I love wearing dresses with beanies or something feminine with one of my jewelry pieces to toughen it up.

xoxo, Lauren

Pin It!

7 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Really cool pieces! I especially like those necklaces!
Fabulous interview, darling ~ I love that she uses things found at hardware stores!

xoxox,
CC

LML said...

really neat work!!!

loving the new header too!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Great interview! I had never seen her work before, now I'm in love with it. I would never have thought to make pretty things out of items purchased at a hardware store - so creative! :)

F Blog said...

I love the chain necklace!

Kristine said...

LOOOOOVE Asha booboo!!! ps. Go Noles ;)

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

so many gorgeous necklaces!!

Hanako66 said...

great interview and I'm always happy to be introduced to amazing new etsy shops!