Monday, June 1, 2009

Brenda + Donna + Kelly= BFFL

Photobucket

Lately I've discovered espisodes of the Beverly Hills 90210 online.The storylines still are entertaining 10 years later. It'll make you wish you had a Dylan or Brandon to take you on dates to the Peach Pit, Kelly's closet, and Donna for a bff.It's alsogreat inspiration for 90's fashion cues; some scary (matching vest & pants suits? thong leotards for the gym?) others fun (combat boots, florals, and plaid shirts).

One fashion trend that can definitely work your way into your wardrobe are all the pretty watercolor florals. If you want a truly 90's style look for a babydoll style with cap sleeves. Thrift stores are a goldmine for looks like these for a few bucks! For a look thats supremely nineties pair these with something acid washed or clunky doc martens.To modernize the floral dress wear it with strappy gladiators and a flower headband.

Are there any 90's trends you can see coming back?

xoxo, lauren

P.S. Only one more day to enter the contest to win the silk floral top from B.B Dakota!

15 comments:

Victoria said...

how about all of them? (ok, I'll admit, i'm biased ;)

lisa said...

I'm all for this trend and I'll be working it this summer in my Topshop floral sun dress. :)

E said...

Omigod, I could totally see Donna wearing one of these dresses! I love old school 90210!

The Clothes Horse said...

I like the floral dresses, but I don't think I want to be a 90210 girl...they're so much drama!

LML said...

i love these kinds of prints - i can remember having some as a kid - wish i could still fit into them!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm truly frightened of thong leotards. I used to love how Donna looked when she wore babydolls - sometimes floral, sometimes flat colored - with Doc Martens. It was such a fun look!

Secretista said...

MMM. Florals!! I never watched 90210-- ;[

AudreyAllure said...

haha i love floral this season, i actually bought three floral dresses/skirts recently lol

Couture Carrie said...

Loooove this post! Those floral frocks are fab!
One 90s trend that I have seen on a few runways and I'm not sure I like it is the bicycle shorts under dress thing... hmmmm...

xoxox,
CC

Couture Carrie said...

P.S. FANTASTIC NEWS! You won CC's StockinGirl Giveaway, so you are entitled to your choice of Espresso or Black in the scrunch-bottom leggings! Congrats, darling! Email me your info., size (Small/Medium or Medium/Large) and color choice asap at carriecalligraphy@gmail.com!

xoxox,
CC

crystal said...

cute topic! like the modcloth dress the best. Think I may have owned one like that in the 90's. :)

ChikitaRosemarie said...

i love beverly hills 90210! and i still love the way their relationship evolve on the newer series (90210)..

and those floral dresses are surreal!! i love them all.. i'm so much into floral dresses, especially during summer.. and i love the forever21's collection of floral dresses.. check them out..

Anonymous said...

I'm doing a fun semester project on 90's fashion and found your blog on google, thanks for the insight! I love thrift stores always, and think the exact same about your suggestions for modernizing the floral dresses. I was curious, are you going to school for fashion??

High quality Mulberry Bags said...

Mulberry bags specializes in leather goods, from Mulberry bags uk in southwest England, the superb Mulberry Alexa Bags to build, combined with practical, original and mulberry leather bags touch and original creative design and beautiful style escape from other brands, to classic mulberry handbags antique style, commodities Also thick smell of thick leather, extensive use of metal rivets, and buckle

Cheap Diesel Jeans said...

According to Korea, 23, Diesel Jeans reported in yangzhou trip is Kim jong Diesel UK easily, he sailed toured the lake, also visited the yangzhou Cheap Diesel Jeans Macao solar technology companies Diesel Jeans sale huarun suguo supermarket, on-the-spot understand Chinese solar technology development status and rice, Diesel Mens Jeans and oil prices of supplies. 24 8:00

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin