Sunday, June 14, 2009

80's for the Ladies

Photobucket

One of my favorite current trends is neon brights. They add a splash of instant summer and 80's optimism to any outfit. Colored accessories or even a coat of nail polish is an easy way to test out the trend. The acid wash look is not for the faint hearted, but is definitely do-able [See Rumi @ Fashion Toast for inspiration]. Slip them on and feel like you've stepped back in time to the front row of a '87 Def Leppard Concert.

Photobucket

Vogue UK 80's Inspired Editorial

A college bar my friends and I got to alot hosts an 80's music night every Friday. It's impossible to not dance the evening away when songs like "Don't Stop Believin" are blasting on the loud speaker. I love eighties tunes, you just can't help but be happy and dance when you're listening!

My Rad 80's Playlist

  1. Paradise City- Guns N' Roses
  2. Into the Groove- Madonna
  3. Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard
  4. More Than A Feelin'-Boston
  5. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
  6. Your Love- The Outfield
  7. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun- Cyndi Lauper
  8. Beat It- Michael Jackson

What's your favorite 80's jam?

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

23 comments:

Leia said...

I love 80s music! My mum was a total 80s gal, so I grew up listening to all her favorite tunes and dancing with her. I love Michael Jackson, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, George Michael, Whitney Houston... the list goes on!

Aisling-Sara said...

Great playlist, I'm an 80's reject, but if you're mega into the music, try Duran Duran, and a bit of David Bowie aswell. Magic.
x.

Carlotta said...

love the new header!!
my 80's fav are rock hard rock like GnR BonJovi blondie..love your playlist!

AudreyAllure said...

i love all types of 80s music, i can't choose which one is my favorite! haha

and i love the pink gloves in the picture; i would get those. and the bright yellow nailpolish haha

LML said...

ok i LOVE all the items you postes - neon acessories, acid washed jeans - and 80's music!

Eleh said...

i tend to avoid neon but now im attracted to it!

Penelope said...

Love those jeans! They're so fab; but hard to pull off! Love the flamingo tank you've picked! AND I LOVE YOUR PLAYLIST! Absolutely adore Guns and Roses and MJ!

lisa said...

Neon brights have really started to grow on me, but I'm still iffy on the acid wash denim. I think I'd rather wear my neon with grays or beiges. :)

Hmm favourite 80s jams...I like the cheesy movie soundtrack songs like "Footloose" and "Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing.

Sherin said...

Great soundtrack. 'girls just wanna have fun'! I just remembered how great that song is.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Don't Be Borin' Vote for Lauren! Love that. Also love your 80s playlist. I don't believe that any 80s playlist is complete without a little Cyndi Lauper - especially Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! :)

♥ fashion chalet said...

Can you style me in that outfit?
I simply.. love it, dear. :) Sensational.



x

WendyB said...

I was really foolish enough to think that acid-washed would never come back. ANYTHING can come back. What would I think such a silly thing?

ann said...

I love all those songs on your playlist!

Margaux. said...

I NEED to get my hands on neon nailpolish!

Tracey Ellle said...

love the jeans.. and neon

Keith said...

My teen years were during the 80's. I loved that era. Great tunes. I listened to everything back then from Bon Jovi to Tina Turner.

ChikitaRosemarie said...

gosh, i love everything bout 80s era. from the fashion, the people, to the music!!!
i'm a sucker for 80s music.. from disco, rock, to ballad, you name it!!! :D

-cr
sociologicallystylish.blogspot.com

Adela said...

LOOOVe the 2nd picture!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

F Blog said...

I love the siwy jeans, and that is a sick playlist!! Beat It my MJ is one of my favs haha!

F Blog said...

i meant by MJ not my MJ haha!! x

deep_in_vogue said...

Love your playlist! I'm such an 80's fan myself..

leila grace said...

when i think 80s, i cannot help but think of the cure, pretty in pink, nu wave, REM, Guns n roses, glam rock, metallica, metal heads, oh and tons and tons of glitter.

I LOVE THAT JOURNEY'S SONG!!! best song to blast out loud while driving down the freeway at 2 am

leila grace
the vain and the bored

budget chic said...

I like the shoes the girl is wearing with the destroyed acid wash skinnies.....I wonder where those are from